Motorcyclist Involved in Serious Crash in the Villages; Biker Trauma Alerted
THE VILLAGES, FL – According to an online news report at villages-news.com, a motorcycle accident victim was trauma alerted from the scene of an accident that occurred in The Villages.*
The accident involving a motorcyclist that was injured at the scene of the crash occurred on County Road 466A at Colony Plaza. The accident specifically happened at the intersection of Sembler Way at Colony Plaza and County Road 466A. The accident is currently being investigated by the Florida Highway Patrol. Emergency responders came to the scene to render aid to the injured motorcyclist. The Sumter County Sheriff’s Office also arrived at the scene.
There are no further details on the accident at this time. The type and nature of the injuries sustained by the motorcyclist are not known at this time. The accident remains under investigation.
While motorcycle safety equipment has been advancing over the past decade, riders are still being injured and some die in collisions with other vehicles. There are a number of causes of motorcycle accidents, many of which can be avoided. The four most common causes of motorcycle accidents are as follows:
- Vehicles turning left – about half of all motorcycle collisions involve a car attempting to make a left turn. These are especially common accidents that typically occur at intersections. That is why motorcyclists should always enter intersections with great caution.
- Impaired driving. Impaired driving causes many accidents, however, statistics demonstrate that motorcyclists are involved in a disproportionately high number of drunk driving related accidents. Specifically, approximately thirty percent of bikers who perish in motorcycle accidents have a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more.
- Riding in other motorists’ blind spots. Since motorcycles are a lot smaller than passenger cars, it is very likely for them to not be visible to other drivers’ blind spots. That is why motorcyclists should be aware of this and make all efforts to be visible to other drivers.
- Splitting lanes. When motorcyclists split lanes, which means they ride between two lanes by bypassing traffic jams, this can lead to serious and sometimes fatal motorcycle accidents. While it is tempting to skirt traffic when it is gridlocked, this is illegal and highly dangerous.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.