Highway 144 in Bryan County, Georgia Open Once Again after a Morning Crash
BRYAN COUNTY, GA – According to an online news report at wtoc.com, a two automobile accident caused the shutdown of Highway 144 going in both directions for a significant period of time.*
The accident occurred on the property of Fort Stewart. According to military personnel on the scene, one individual was taken to an area hospital by ambulance with what is being reported as serious injuries. No further information is available at this time. The accident remains under investigation by local authorities.
The above report brings to mind the ways in which automobile accidents commonly occur. These are as follows:
- Distracted driving. Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of accidents which results in a greater number of crashes each year than drunk driving, speeding and other accident causes. Distracted driving may come in the form of texting, talking on a cellphone, eating, talking with passengers, and multi-tasking.
- Speeding. Speeding is another common cause of accidents. Even just going above the speed limit by a marginal amount, it presents a much higher likelihood of being in a crash or some other type of accident. That is why it is imperative for motorists to pay attention to their speed and remain within the legal limits set by law.
- Impaired driving. Impaired driving, whether due to alcohol and/or drugs, can lead to serious and sometimes fatal accidents. With regard to alcohol use, when drivers consume alcohol, they have a reduced response time and are not as able to focus on the road. This greatly increases the risk of an accident.
- Speeding, changing lanes without looking, tailgating other motorists and ignoring road signs are all classic signs of reckless driving. It is an illegal driving habit that’s now the fourth most common cause of road accidents in the United States.
- Reckless driving. This typically occurs when a driver is not as concerned about other drivers and are more concerned with themselves. Classic signs of reckless driving are speeding, switching lanes without looking, ignoring road signs and tailgating other drivers. Oftentimes, reckless driving is combined with other hazards, such as driving while impaired by alcohol and/or drugs.
- Inclement weather. Whether due to rain, snow, ice or sleet, these road conditions can lead to serious and sometimes fatal accidents.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.