A Pedestrian was Hit in Pedestrian Accident in Nashville, Tennessee
NASHVILLE, TN – According to an online news report at wsmv.com, police have responded to the scene of an accident where a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle in downtown Nashville.*
The accident occurred at 3rdAvenue South at Lindsley Avenue. Police have responded to the scene of an accident where a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle in downtown Nashville, Tennessee. It is not known at this time as to the nature of the pedestrian’s injuries. Local news reporters are on the scene trying to learn more about what happened.
There are no further details on the accident at this time. The crash remains under investigation by local authorities.
This news story brings to mind what ways in which people can avoid pedestrians. Consider the following tips:
- Always cross the street at official crosswalks or intersections. Wait for the walk signal at an intersection indicating that it is safe to cross the road.
- Do not jaywalk, which means you are crossing a street without being in an official crosswalk. While it is not illegal in Georgia or South Carolina, it is nonetheless dangerous and should be avoided, despite how tempting it can be.
- Do not wear dark clothing, especially at night, as it may be difficult for drivers to see you until it is too late. Try to wear reflective clothing and carry a flashlight. Even during the day, it is recommended that you wear brightly colored clothes.
- Try crossing the street in areas where there is plenty of light.
- If possible, try making eye contact with drivers so that you can confirm to them that you are seeking to cross the road.
- Do not walk and text at the same time. This also goes with talking on a cellphone. It is always recommended for you to be alert and aware of your safety.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help drivers better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.