Tractor Trailer in Accident with BMW on I-75 in Bibb County, Georgia
BIBB COUNTY, GA – According to an online news report at 13maz.com, a tractor trailer carrying beer was going northbound on Interstate 75 when it changed lanes and failed to see a BMW. The tractor trailer struck the BMW and then overturned on its side.
No serious injuries were reported in the accident. Traffic flow on Interstate 75 was at a standstill close to Hartley Bridge Road at mile marker 155,
Drivers were requested to take an alternate route until the accident has been cleared. Per the Georgia Department of Transportation, an accident with two vehicles and an overturned tractor was blocking three lanes of the roadway.
Every year, there are thousands of trucking accidents that occur in the U.S., many of which are deadly. Pursuant to statistics issued by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Highway Loss Data Institute, it reports that there were 683 tractor trailer related deaths back in 2017. With this in mind, the main causes of trucking accidents include:
- Truck driver error
- Failing to conduct maintenance on one’s truck
- Driving while impaired by alcohol and/or drugs
- Truck equipment failures
- Bad weather such as heavy rain, ice or snow
- Driving while distracted
- Driving with a lack of sleep
- Improper cargo loading
- Poor visibility, whether due to weather events such as dense fog
- Improperly trained or inexperienced truckers
When a trucking accident occurs, severe injuries and even death can happen. Serious injuries arising out of a trucking accident are also known as catastrophic injuries, and can lead to a lifetime of physical and emotional issues for its victims. The following are examples of catastrophic injuries:
- Severe burn injuries
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Brain injuries such as severe concussions
- Traumatic amputations
- Bone fractures
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help drivers better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
Source:https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/local/major-accident-on-i-75-northbound-stalls-traffic/93-c87784a2-7622-4c54-99f9-26dadd20e804 and https://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/large-trucks/fatalityfacts/large-trucks
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.