Workplace Accidents in Georgia: Filing a Hearing Loss Injury Lawsuit
Hearing injuries because of workplace accidents are more common than you might think in Georgia. In fact, hearing loss is one of the most common kinds of injuries that can happen in a place of work. If you have been injured and suffered hearing loss as a result of a Georgia workplace accident, you should contact an experienced Georgia attorney as soon as possible.
Hearing loss can be caused by extremely high-volume noises, which can damage the ear. When Georgia workers are exposed to harmful levels of sound, they can develop the following kinds of symptoms:
- Ringing or humming inside the ears, also known as tinnitus;
- Buzzing, hissing, or other noises inside the ears;
- Temporary loss of hearing in both ears or one ear; and
- Permanent loss of hearing in both ears or one ear.
These injuries not only take a physical toll on workers, they are also associated with mental, emotional, and financial stress. In some cases, injuries are serious enough that people can no longer work.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Georgia employers can take certain steps to protect their workers from hearing loss injuries on the job. If loud machinery or other workplace noise occurs during certain hours, employers can rearrange employees’ work schedules in order to reduce their exposure to those noises.
Employers can also perform maintenance on workplace machinery in order to reduce or eliminate excess noise, or they can replace machines with those that do not produce as much harmful sound. Employers can also protect their workers by providing quality protective gear, like earplugs and ear muffs.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 35 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!
If you have been injured in any type of work-related accident, call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law for your free consultation today. Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law has been representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout the Southeast for over 35 years, including but not limited to all smaller cities and rural areas.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour live chat.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.