Driver Facing Slew of Charges for Deadly Crash in Cartersville, Georgia
CARTERSVILLE, GA. – According to an online news report published to patch.com, a driver has been criminally charged in connection with a deadly vehicle crash that occurred January 22 in Cartersville, Georgia. The victim of the wreck was a passenger in the driver’s vehicle.*
At about 4:30 p.m. on January 22, a 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt heading south on Peeples Valley Road traveled off the roadway in the area of Valleydale Drive. The Cobalt crashed into several trees and spun back into the road, where it collided with a 2016 Mercedes Benz that was traveling north.
A passenger in the Cobalt, 30-year-old Phillip D. Bagley, of Cartersville, died at the scene. The driver of the Cobalt has now been identified as Daniel Allen Jones, of Cartersville. Jones’s age was not reported. Jones was injured in the crash, and emergency crews transported him to Floyd Medical Center for treatment.
A Georgia State Patrol Trooper followed Jones to the hospital to obtain blood for a toxicology analysis, which is required by state law in all fatal vehicle collisions. Jones reportedly refused to provide a blood sample, and the Trooper left. Jones was supposed to be admitted to the hospital for surgery. At some point, however, Jones left the hospital.
U.S. Marshals arrested Jones on January 24 and transported him to the Bartow County Jail, where he is being held without bond. He has been charged with a litany of crimes, including:
- ·first-degree vehicular homicide;
- ·driving under the influence;
- ·reckless driving;
- ·failure to maintain a lane;
- ·possession and use of drug-related objects;
- ·possession of methamphetamines;
- ·passing in a no-passing zone;
- ·failure to report an accident with injury/death;
- ·seat belt violation;
- ·driving without insurance;
- ·failure to notify owner upon striking a fixture; and
- ·removing an affixed license plate with intent to conceal.
Accident News is an archive of select accidents designed to alert and educate drivers, to help them avoid the most common causes of motor vehicle crashes. If you or a family member are injured in an accident, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com. For more information about Montlick & Associates’ award-winning public service programsclick here.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.