Atlanta Police Return to Buckhead for Holiday Shopping Traffic Regulation
ATLANTA, GA. – The Buckhead Community Improvement District of Atlanta, Georgia, is re-launching its holiday traffic officer program according to an online news story from mdjonline.com. The program places extra law enforcement officers around one of the busiest shopping districts in the region to help regulate holiday shopping traffic.*
The program, created seven years ago, helps traffic move more efficiently during peak rush hour by keeping intersections clear while people are exiting and entering retail developments and offices. The Buckhead CID funds and manages the deployment of officers with the Atlanta Police Department who are working off-duty. This year, the CID has increased patrol by adding three more locations for easing traffic at Stratford and Lenox roads in the Buckhead Loop.
“We want to do our part to help residents and visitors coming to Buckhead’s shops, restaurants and hotels to have an enjoyable and unforgettable experience,” said Jim Durrett, executive director for the CID. “As we continue to work on the complete street along East Paces Ferry Road, which includes a multiuse trail and pedestrian crossing signals from Roxboro Road to the Gordon C. Bynum pedestrian bridge, we hope it will also make it easier for pedestrians to access Lenox Square mall and the nearby MARTA station when shopping.”
Officers this year will be posted to regulate traffic at intersections that correlate to Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza, including:
- Peachtree Road and Lenox Road
- Peachtree Road and Lenox Parkway
- Peachtree Road and Stratford Road
- Lenox Road and East Paces Ferry Road
- Peachtree Road at Monarch Road (the mall entrance)
- Lenox Road at Kingsboro Road
- Lenox Road at Wright Avenue
- Peachtree Road at Oak Valley Road
- The Buckhead Loop
Accident News is an archive of select Georgia accidents, designed to alert and educate drivers, to help them avoid the most common causes of motor vehicle crashes. If you or a family member are injured in an accident, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com. For more information about Montlick & Associates’ award-winning public service programs click here.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.