Adairsville Motorcycle Accident Leaves Cartersville Man Dead
ADAIRSVILLE, GA – June 8, 2018 (daily-tribune.com). According to an online news report at daily-tribune.com, a Cartersville man is dead after being killed in a motorcycle accident.*
The accident occurred on Friday, June 8, 2018 at the intersection of Highway 41 and Highway 140 in Adairsville, Georgia, which left a Cartersville man dead.
According to the Georgia State Patrol, a man, Justin Holder, aged twenty seven, was going northbound on his motorcycle on Highway 41 when a car going left onto Georgia Highway 140 did not yield at the intersection. The accident occurred at around 6:30 a.m. Holder’s motorcycle hit the other vehicle and came to a rest off of Highway 140. Holder was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident by Bartow County EMS.
There are no further details on the crash, which currently remains under investigation.
This accident is a stark reminder to motorcyclists to drive as safely as possible. Accordingly, the following are safety tips for motorcyclists:
- Wear protective clothing. This should include wearing leather clothes, shoes with non-skid soles and gloves, if possible. This tip also includes wearing reflective tape so others can see you, especially at night.
- Wear a helmet. This is a no brainer, as helmets save lives. Not wearing a helmet during an accident can lead to traumatic brain injuries and even death.
- Follow traffic rules. Always go the speed limit and do not weave in and out of lanes. Be sure if you are riding with others to drive in single file.
- Drive as defensively as possible. Assume others cannot see you while riding. Also be sure to signal drivers as to your intended direction. Furthermore, always watch for vehicles that are turning.
- Ride sober and awake. Do not drink and ride your bike, as riding while impaired can lead to serious injuries and even death. Also, driving while fatigued can also lead to serious consequences.
- Maintain your bike. Be sure to always keep your bike in good repair, which includes checking the integrity of your signals, tires and fluid levels.
Accident News is an archive of select Georgia accidents, designed to alert and educate drivers, to help them avoid the most common causes of injuries. If you or a family member are injured in an accident, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com. For more information about Montlick & Associates’ award-winning public service programs click here.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333
*This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, sometimes initial reports are different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. This information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, but if it pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it.