Georgia State Patrol Releases Data for Colquitt County, Georgia
COLQUITT COUNTY, GA. – June 6, 2018 (moultrieobserver.com) The Georgia State Patrol has released data regarding crashes and citations for May 2018. A report from moultrieobserver.com provides information specific to Colquitt County, Georgia.*
In the month of May, Troopers from the GSP’s Thomasville Post 12 in Colquitt County investigated 12 traffic accidents total. One death resulted from those vehicle accidents on May 4 when 17-year-old Maleah Scarberry was killed in a wreck with a farm tractor on Sam Sells Road.
Troopers with Post 12 also saw the following during May:
- 93 total traffic citations
- 3 arrests for Driving Under the Influence
- 37 citations for speeding
- 26 seat belt violations or child restraint violations
- 186 traffic warnings
State Troopers will continue collecting and releasing this type of data as it becomes available to inform residents of Georgia about vehicle crashes and law enforcement in their areas.
Colquitt County is located in the southern portion of the state of Georgia. As of 2015, the county had an estimated population of approximately 46,000. Data from the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety shows Colquitt County usually has relatively few traffic accidents annually, compared to surrounding counties. However, the county saw a large jump in traffic accidents between 2012 and 2016.
In 2012, a total of 191 traffic accidents occurred in the county, which led to 91 injuries and nine deaths. In 2016, those figures rose to 776 total traffic accidents, causing 233 injuries and eight deaths. The largest number of vehicles accidents during the five-year period between 2012 and 2016 occurred in 2013, when Colquitt County saw 920 vehicle accidents, resulting in 221 injuries and 17 deaths.
Accident News is an archive of select Georgia accidents, designed to alert and educate drivers, to help them avoid the most common causes of injuries. If you or a family member are injured in an accident, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com. For more information about Montlick & Associates’ award-winning public service programs click here.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.