Vehicle Slams into a Utility Pole; Lanes are Finally Open
COLUMBIA COUNTY, GA – June 14, 2018 (augustachronicle.com). According to an online news report at augustachronicle.com, a vehicle slammed into a utility pole.*
It is not known whether any injuries were sustained. The accident happened at approximately 3:00 p.m.. Emergency crews were dispatched to the scene of the crash that occurred at Furys Ferry Road and Inverness Way. Luckily, no one lost power as a result of the accident.
While it is not clear what caused the accident, it does shed light on the importance of avoiding distracted driving at all costs. This is why Montlick and Associates have put together the following tips to avoid distracted driving, which ultimately saves lives:
- Use your cell phone only in an emergency situation. Even if there is an emergency situation, pull your vehicle over, if possible, to make the call rather than continue to drive and become distracted. Also, do not text while driving. Evidence suggests that people take their eyes off of the road for the length of a football field, which leads to serious accidents and even death.
- If you feel tired, pull over and rest, as fatigued driving increased the risk of an accident by 4 times.
- Limit the amount of passengers in your vehicle as well as the activities therein. Rowdy children and other passengers such as teenage friends can lead to distractions, and ultimately, accidents.
- Do not eat while driving. Being busy is not an excuse for eating in your vehicle. Food spills and other issues while eating can easily take your eyes off of the road.
- Do not multitask in your vehicle. While some people use driving as an opportunity to text, call friends, or fiddle with the music on a smart phone, it is dangerous and should be avoided at all costs.
Accident News is an archive of select Georgia accidents, designed to alert and educate drivers, to help them avoid the most common causes of injuries. If you or a family member are injured in an accident, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com. For more information about Montlick & Associates’ award-winning public service programs click here.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.