Deputy From Richmond County Injured in Three Car Wreck
RICHMOND COUNTY, GA – June 5, 2018 (augustachronicle.com). According to an online news report at augustachronicle.com, a deputy from the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office was in a three car accident on I-520.*
The incident occurred in I-520 right before 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 5, 2018.
A driver of a Tahoe was going west in the center lane when she tried to merge from the center into the median lane. As she was doing this, she hit into the right side of another automobile, per a news release from the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office. As a result, the two automobiles became uncontrollable, and the second car slammed into the rear end of Deputy Douglas Kirkland’s squad car.
Per the news release, all drivers were taken to area hospitals for treatment. The Georgia Department of Transportation came to the scene, and westerly traffic near the ramp had a traffic jam. Drivers were cautioned to maneuver around the accident scene.
Given the foregoing, the following are some tips when involved in an accident:
- Stay calm – having a normal demeanor helps to reduce escalations among all drivers and passengers.
- Call 911 – have police come to assess the scene and create an accident report.
- Check if you and your passengers are ok – do not hesitate to call an ambulance and go to the hospital for treatment. Even if you think you are ok, it is recommended that you seek attention immediately if you are hurt.
- Move to a safe place, if possible – if you can, pull over to the side of the road to the best of your ability to avoid being struck by other cars.
- Use flares and your hazard lights to help drivers avoid the accident scene.
- Never admit fault – even if it is your fault, these statements can be used against you by police and the other driver’s insurance company
- Contact your insurance company – be sure to reach out to your insurance company to file a claim. If you wait too long, your claim could be denied.
Accident News is an archive of select Georgia car crashes, designed to alert and educate drivers, to help them avoid the most common causes of motor vehicle crashes. If you or a family member are injured in an accident, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com. For more information about Montlick & Associates’ award-winning public service programs click here.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333
*This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, sometimes initial reports are different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. This information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, but if it pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it.