Man Crossing Rockbridge Road in a Hit and Run Accident in Dekalb County, Georgia
DEKALB COUNTY, GA– June 4, 2018 (fox5atlanta.com). According to an online news report at fox5atlanta.com, police are conducting an investigation of a hit and run accident that left a man dead as he was crossing the road.*
The deceased, Mr. Parker, was attempting to cross Rockbridge Road at around 11:40 p.m. on Saturday, June 2, 2018. The automobile that struck parker, a black colored sedan, left the scene. Parker died as a result of his injuries.
Per local police, Parker was hit by a vehicle speeding on the eastbound lane of the road.
Parker’s coworkers at the McDonalds on Rockbridge Road where he was employed have made a plea for the driver to turn him or herself in.
“He was a nice guy. it shouldn’t have happened to him,” stated Ann Jackson, the decedent’s manager. “We called him Memphis. He always wanted to work.”
According to Jackson, Parker moved from Tennessee to Georgia 2 months ago. He was working the grill at McDonalds and was looking for a new start in Georgia.
The foregoing serves as a stark reminder to pedestrians to use caution when on the street and/or crossing the street, especially at night where you may not be visible. Accordingly, the following are some useful pedestrian safety tips created by the lawyers at Montlick and Associates:
- Wear bright and/or light colored reflective closing for drivers to be able to see you, especially at night. Carry a flashlight with you when walking about at night.
- Cross a street in well-lit areas only so drivers can spot you.
- Use the sidewalk when on the roadway.
- Always look before crossing a road; don’t assume that drivers will obey pedestrian signals.
- Use crosswalks when crossing the street. Also rely upon traffic signals such as the WALK and DO NOT WALK signs to allow you to cross safely.
- Stay sober, as walking on a roadway while impaired, whether due to alcohol and/or drugs, affects your better judgment, making you more vulnerable to being hit.
Accident News is an archive of select Georgia car crashes, designed to alert and educate drivers, to help them avoid the most common causes of motor vehicle crashes. If you or a family member are injured in an accident, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com. For more information about Montlick & Associates’ award-winning public service programs click here.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.