Accidents on I-75 Cause Major Traffic Delays at South Marietta Parkway
MARIETTA, GA – May 29, 2018 (eastcobbnews.com). According to an online news report at eastcobbnews.com, before 4:00 p.m. yesterday, Marietta police responded to several accidents on Interstate 75, causing all of the southbound lanes to be blocked for a significant period of time as crews worked to clear the accident scenes.*
One lane headed northbound was also closed in the same vicinity. Police have stated that there were four separate accidents involved five automobiles and an 18-wheeler, which jackknifed due to the accident. There is no further information as to whether there are injuries that resulted from the accidents.
According to the online news report, “the Georgia State Patrol is working the scene with Marietta and Cobb police officers, and the estimated time of clearing all lanes is around 6 p.m. A heavy rain shower passed through Marietta and East Cobb around 3:30 p.m. as most of metro Atlanta and much of north Georgia” was under aflash flood watchuntil 8 a.m. Wednesday.”
The foregoing serves as a stark reminder about driver safety around trucks. Accordingly, the following is an outline of the main causes of trucking accident and how drivers can avoid accidents with large trucks.
Primary Causes of Trucking Accidents
- Poor weather
- Defective parts
- Fatigued driver
- Loads that are not properly secured
- Driver inexperience
- Shifts of loads
- Hazardous road conditions
- Improper truck maintenance
- Recklessness in driving
- Road rage
- Driving while distracted
Safety Tips that You Should Follow to Avoid an Accident with a Truck
- Do not stay in a truck’s no zones, meaning blind spots. Always maintain visibility of the truck’s mirrors.
- Drive at least four to six seconds of space from a truck in poor weather conditions and when on the highway. Also, never tailgate a truck.
- Drive alert when navigating around a truck.
- Never cut a trucker off as the truck takes a longer time to stop than an average car.
- Report unsafe driving to police if you notice a trucker driving recklessly or dangerously.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help drivers better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your a free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.