Bicyclist Hit Close to Walton Way in Augusta, Georgia
AUGUSTA, GA – May 21, 2018 (wrdw.com). According to an online news report at wrdw.com, an individual driving a bicycle was in an accident on Walton Way.*
It appears that a bicyclist may have hit a pedestrian. The bicyclist was taken to a hospital although the individual did not have any noticeable injuries. There were no reports of any closures of the road. The accident occurred at around 3:30 p.m. Emergency personnel arrived at the scene to determine the extent of injuries and to investigate the incident.
This accident serves as a stark reminder about helmet safety. The following are tips from the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety meant to maximize the use of a bicycle helmet. These are:
- Use the sponge pads that accompany the helmet to secure a good fit.
- Use a combination of pad sizes and place them where needed.
- The helmet should be snug, only moving one inch when pushed from front to back.
- Be sure the front edge of the helmet is two-finger widths above the eyebrows.
- Make sure the front and back straps meet in a V shape just below the ear.
- The front straps should be vertical and the rear straps should lie flat, without any slack.
- If the helmet leans forward, adjust the rear straps.
- If the helmet tilts backwards, tighten the front straps.
- All straps should be equally tight when the chin strap is buckled.
- Test the chin strap.
- When the child opens his mouth wearing the helmet, the chin strap should be snug.
- One finger should fit between the chin and the chin strap when the mouth is closed.
Accident News is a driver safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help drivers better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your a free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.