Studying Accident Data and Lead to Significant Safety Improvements
ATLANTA, GA – April 19, 2018 (fleetowner.com). According to an article from fleetowner.com, analyzing accident statistics and data may result in significant improvements in driver safety.*
Per Geotab, a telematics solutions provider that examines more than two billion telematics-based data sets daily from over one million automobiles, analyzing accident facts can cause vehicle safety improvements. Tony Partheniou, a senior embedded systems engineer, “by analyzing patterns in data on GPS, speed, engines, fuel consumption and more, commercial vehicle operations can improve safety. There may be habits going on with your operators that could easily go unnoticed without stepping back and looking at the information for trends.”
To demonstrate his statements, Parthenious, who generated data points on accident incident patterns from a Geotab GO vehicle tracking device, releases the following results of data collected for more than ten months:
- There is a correlation between speed and how fast a driver may be involved in a crash. In the sample, 29% of crashes happened within one minute of a car that reaches a maximum speed. 71% happened within the first ten minutes of reaching a maximum speed.
- From the start of a trip to a collision, several crashes occur near the start of a trip. In the sample, 33% of crashes happened within the first ten minutes of a trip with 54% occurring within the first twenty minutes.
- One’s speed before an accident demonstrates that 51% of traffic incidences happen below forty miles per hour in city-like driving conditions.
- A maximum speed of drivers in a crash establishes that drivers who are going over sixty miles per hour at any given point during a trip were more likely than others to be involved in a crash. In the same, 32% of automobiles were going over seventy miles per hour when their crash happened.
It is our hope that being armed with the knowledge as to how car accidents occur, in addition to the extensive tips provided by Montlick & Associates’ award winning community service programs such as iridesafe.com, can help keep you and your family safe while traveling on Georgia roadways. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or a family member are hurt because of someone else's negligence, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.