Recent Hurricanes Raise Questions About Flood Insurance
Recent Hurricanes Raise Questions About Flood Insurance – What You Should Know from a Georgia Attorney
Georgia saw a portion of the wrath of Hurricane Irma and has also experienced a significant amount of rain and flooding over the past few years. Not every Georgia homeowner or business owner has flood insurance. After all, flooding is not necessarily a normal occurrence that Georgia residents can expect each year. However, 2017 has been a particularly harsh year for a significant number of states in the Southeast as well as Texas. As such, it is important that all Georgia homeowners and business owners have a good understanding of flood insurance and how it can help them.
FEMA's National Flood Insurance Program
The Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA) has implemented a flood insurance program that is intended to help homeowners and business owners obtain affordable flood insurance for their property. Natural disasters can strike at any given time, no matter what time of year. The late summer and early fall are particularly difficult because of hurricane season, and Georgia sits right on the edge and is often vulnerable to tropical storms along with the state of Florida and other southern east coast states.
While flood insurance is not required in Georgia, all homeowners should consider obtaining flood insurance for the following reasons:
- Flood insurance provides peace of mind to homeowners and business owners in the event flooding causes damage to property.
- If a property owner sustains damage from a flood and does not have flood insurance, the impact of the cost can be enormous, not only for the property owner who takes a hit financially, but for the community as a whole.
- Businesses can suffer while they are closed for repairs, and customers and clients will normally not be able to shop or seek services from the businesses during the time of repair.
- If the majority of Georgia homeowners and business owners obtain flood insurance, the recovery process can run more smoothly. Without insurance, it can be difficult for property owners to ever fix their homes and businesses.
Do I Need to Speak with an Attorney?
Regardless of the reason a person needs to file an insurance claim, the process for doing so can be extremely stressful and confusing, if not intimidating. As such, many individuals going through the insurance claim process should consider discussing the situation with a Georgia Personal Injury Insurance Claims Attorney at Montlick & Associates.
While insurance companies are intended to protect property owners, they are also businesses and seek to earn an income on their own. Therefore, property owners must be wary about whether they are being taken advantage of or if their rights are being compromised. By working alongside an attorney for serious damages, property owners have an experienced advocate fighting on their behalf to ensure an insurance claim is being properly processed and the property owner is receiving compensation.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 35 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!
If you have been injured in any type of incident caused by someone else's negligence, or need help with a high-damages insurance claim, contact Montlick & Associates today for your free consultation to learn about your legal rights and options. Montlick & Associates has been representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast for over 35 years, including but not limited to Albany, Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Gainesville, Macon, Marietta, Rome, Roswell, Savannah, Smyrna, Valdosta, Warner Robins and all smaller cities and rural areas in the state. Our personal injury and accident lawyers in Atlanta, Georgia have been representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout all of Georgia and the Southeast for over 35 years.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.