Catastrophic Injuries After an Accident on GA 316 in Lawrenceville, Georgia
While auto accidents happen on a daily basis, it is not every day that you see a pile-up accident that involves multiple vehicles with one vehicle catching fire. Such traumatic and catastrophic accidents have life-altering consequences for the injured victims and their loved ones. A recent accident involving eight vehicles left one person dead and seventeen others injured, some of which are very severe. The accident occurred on GA 316 in Lawrenceville. One vehicle was trapped under a semi-truck and was on fire. The driver of this vehicle, unfortunately, did not survive the accident.
What Went Wrong?
This horrific accident in Lawrenceville, Georgia is still under investigation, but it has been reported that a semi-truck failed to stop on the highway when traffic had come to a complete stop, resulting in a domino effect that ultimately involved eight vehicles. We do not know why this truck did not stop. There are numerous questions that investigators will likely ask when evaluating this accident. Examples of such questions include, but are certainly not limited to, the following:
- Did the semi-truck have brake failure?
- Did the semi-truck have tire failure?
- Did the semi-truck have any other mechanical problems or defects that may have contributed to this accident?
- Was the truck driver drowsy or asleep at the wheel?
- Did any vehicle in front of the semi-truck take any action that may have contributed to the accident?
- Was the truck driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including prescription medications)?
- Did any of the other vehicles behind the semi-truck take any action that may have contributed to the accident?
Because there are endless questions to be answered, it will take a while for a full investigation to reveal the cause of this tragic accident in Lawrenceville, Georgia. There could be one primary cause, or there could be a variety of factors that all contributed to the cause of this accident. Whatever the case may be, numerous victims are still recovering from their injuries and will likely need continuous medical treatment for the foreseeable future.
Additionally, because the injuries suffered by the victims of this accident are so severe, with one victim suffering fatal injuries, discussing the situation with an experienced Lawrenceville attorney from our firm can provide the victims and their loved ones with the necessary information to determine whether or not legal action is possible. While the investigation into this accident is not complete, speaking with an attorney early on can be essential to ensuring all facts are gathered while the surviving victims still have the accident fresh in their minds.
Contact Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law to Schedule Your Free Consultation
Suffering injuries caused by car accidents can be extremely traumatic and painful. Whether a car accident involves just one car or multiple cars, the consequences can be equally catastrophic. If you or a loved one are facing injuries resulting from a Lawrenceville car accident, or if you have lost someone who suffered fatal injuries, it may be time to consider speaking with a highly skilled Car Accident Injury Attorney from Montlick & Associates. Our personal injury law firm has more than 36 years of combined professional experience fighting on behalf of our injured clients. If you would like to discuss your situation with one of our Car Accident Attorneys, contact Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law today by calling (800) LAW-NEED (529-6333) to schedule your free consultation. You may also visit us online at www.montlick.com to complete a Free Case Evaluation Form, and you may also participate in a 24-hour Live Online Chat.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333
Open: 24 hours, 7 Days a Week
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.