Atlanta I-85 - Whether You Plan to Ride or Drive, Plan Ahead
While construction workers move forward with repairing I-85, commuters can use public transit or take an alternate route. Some roads near the area of the bridge collapse are getting reopened, one at a time. One northbound lane and one southbound lane of Piedmont Road are now open. If you plan to take a train or a bus to work allow plenty of time to find a parking space. Parking garages in some areas like Doraville and North Springs fill to capacity early in the morning, so check the conditions at the station that you plan to use before your first trip.
Whether You Plan to Ride or Drive, Plan Ahead
If you plan to use public transportation instead of reworking your commute, make sure that you'll be able to find a parking space at the station. Some parking garages fill up early in the morning, so check the conditions at the station that you plan to use before your first trip. If you are continuing to drive to work, check for alternate routes regularly, because roads near the area of the bridge collapse are being to get reopened.
Expect Increased Commuting Options as Crews Work to Reopen Area Roads
While it is expected that I-85 will reopen by June 15, commuters don't have to wait until then to find increasingly better ways to get to work. Area roads are being repaired and assessed, and new options are becoming available all the time. Transportation authorities are working hard to keep drivers updated on the latest information regarding detours and alternate routes. For example, the following changes were recently made, but they are subject to change so be sure to double-check the status of your intended route before you head out:
- I-85 northbound local traffic is now diverted to the Buford Spring Connector.
- I-75/I-85 northbound traffic is now being diverted to I-75NB. The 17th Street exit is the last available northbound exit before the Brookwood split.
- The I-75SB ramp to I-85NB ramp is closed.
- SR 400SB to I-85SB is closed. Traffic from that area is being diverted to I-85NB. The Sidney Marcus Boulevard exit is the last available exit.
- I-85 SB is closed. Traffic is being diverted to SR 400NB. The Lenox/Cheshire Bridge exit is the last available exit.
- The Buford Spring Connector southbound is now open from Piedmont Road.
- The Buford Spring Connector northbound is now open from Spring/West Peachtree and Peachtree Street.
Road conditions in the area of the bridge collapse are changing daily, so be sure to consult local traffic reports to get the best information about your commute. Public transportation is also available, and for some people, it has proven an excellent alternative to the daily drive to work.
If you were hurt or a loved one lost their life in a car crash that occurred during the commute to or from work, you may have many questions. A knowledgeable and experienced personal injury attorney in Georgia can help you find the answers that you need during this difficult time, and they can advise you on your legal rights as well as what steps are necessary to protect those rights.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 35 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!
If you have been injured in any accident caused by negligence, call Montlick & Associates for your free consultation today. Montlick & Associates has been representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast for over 35 years, including but not limited to Albany, Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Gainesville, Macon, Marietta, Rome, Roswell, Savannah, Smyrna, Valdosta, Warner Robins and all smaller cities and rural areas in the state.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour live chat.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333
Toll Free: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.