Deadly I-95 Accident Proves That Speed And Alcohol Are A Lethal Combination
Recently, a 39-year-old Rhode Island man was killed instantly in a motor vehicle crash on Interstate 95 in southeastern Massachusetts. The victim was a passenger in a cab and riding in the back seat when the driver of the other vehicle slammed into the rear of the taxi. Both drivers were not seriously injured. The crash happened around 1 a.m. on Saturday, March 18, 2017. Massachusetts State Police arrested and charged the other driver with criminal offenses relating to the incident. This tragic case is a stark reminder how dangerous drunk driving can be. We at Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law are advocate for people injured and the families of those killed by drunk drivers.
The Boston Herald reported the crash occurred shortly around 1:00 a.m. in the area of the Massachusetts/Rhode Island border on I-95 South. The driver of the second car reportedly was driving at a very high rate of speed just before slamming into the rear of the taxi. The powerful impact killed the back seat passenger and sent the cab driver to the hospital. The speeding driver was reportedly uninjured.
State and local police were called to the scene to investigate. After the initial investigation, Massachusetts State Police arrested the 41-year-old speeding driver. The authorities charged him with Motor Vehicle Homicide While Under the Influence of Alcohol and other offenses. The matter remains under investigation by the Massachusetts State Police accident reconstruction team as well as state police detectives.
This senseless tragedy underscores the need to prevent reckless and impaired driving. All too often people are killed by drivers who take chances on the road. Whether it is speeding, texting, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, drivers take risks that endanger others and themselves. Now, one life is irrevocably lost, a family is devastated, and another's life is potentially ruined all because of needlessly driving while impaired.
We Passionately Represent Drunk Driving Victims And Their Families
Our firm has handled thousands of cases involving those injured or killed by the negligence of other drivers, including those under the influence of alcohol and/ or drugs. We work closely with each client to maximize the value of their cases under the law. While each case is different, we can, depending on the circumstances of what happened:
- Work in close collaboration with the prosecution team to help bring justice to the offender;
- Obtain all relevant police reports, including the initial crash reports, accident reconstruction reports, and toxicology reports;
- Obtain other publicly available information such as 911 calls and dispatch logs. Those items have the potential to yield helpful information; and
- Closely follow the criminal proceedings to gather information useful to any personal injury or wrongful death claim the victim or victim's family (respectively) might have.
In addition to monitoring the criminal case, we perform our own investigation. We interview witnesses, obtain documents, and gather other background information. We examine all avenues of recovery, including other potentially negligent person(s) or entities, such as bars, restaurants, and others who may have knowingly served to a person who would be driving. Our attorneys understand how drastically such accidents can affect our clients' lives, resulting in costly medical care, lost income and permanent disability. If you have been injured in any type of auto accident involving negligence, you may be entitled to monetary compensation, including compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, Pain & Suffering and punitive damages depending on whether the defendant's conduct rose to the level of gross negligence. Contact our attorneys at Montlick & Associates to learn about your legal rights as well as what steps are necessary to protect those rights.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 37 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!
Do not delay in seeking legal assistance, as you have a limited amount of time to pursue your claim. Call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law for your free consultation today. Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law has been representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast for over 37 years, including but not limited to Albany, Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Gainesville, Macon, Marietta, Rome, Roswell, Savannah, Smyrna, Valdosta, Warner Robins and all smaller cities and rural areas in the state.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour live chat.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333
Toll Free: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.