Douglasville Accident Leaves Two Dead and Others Injured
Catastrophic Multi-Vehicle Douglasville Accident Leaves Two Dead and Others Injured on Georgia Highway 92
Georgia has already seen its fair share of tragic and catastrophic accidents in 2017. Patch.com reported that a five-car accident in Douglasville left two individuals dead, and several others with serious injuries. Investigators and family members are asking questions as to how and why this accident happened. The chain of events surrounding this horrific accident are as follows:
- A white Kia was traveling northbound on Georgia Highway 92 when it rear-ended a white Toyota Tundra pickup truck.
- The Tundra was pushed into oncoming southbound traffic where it struck a blue Toyota Camry head-on.
- The impact of this collision left the blue Camry at a standstill while the Tundra was flipped over, landing in the path of a Ford F-150 traveling southbound.
- The Kia kept traveling northbound when it struck a gray Toyota Camry head-on.
This chain-reaction accident demonstrates just how easy it is for one collision to quickly turn into a multi-collision accident in a matter of seconds.
The Painful Aftermath
The driver of the Kia and the driver of the blue Camry were tragically killed because of this catastrophic accident. One passenger of the blue Camry was airlifted to an Atlanta area hospital. A second passenger of the blue Camry was taken to a local hospital along with the driver of the Tundra and the driver of the gray Camry. This accident is particularly disheartening given that everything happened so quickly. In the blink of an eye, two people are dead and many others seriously injured.
The outlook of the surviving victims is unknown at this time, but given the violent nature of the accident, it is certainly possible that some survivors will have a long road to recovery. This is an accident that will take a very long time to evaluate given that so many vehicles were involved. The most important question that many people likely have is what caused the Kia to rear-end the Tundra in the first place.
There are a variety of possibilities as to why the Kia rear-ended the Tundra, and those possibilities will be thoroughly investigated as authorities try to piece together what went wrong. It is too early to speculate as to the cause of the accident and what driver or drivers may have been at fault. Regardless of how and why this accident happened, the fact remains that lives have changed substantially because of this accident, and injured survivors along with family members of the deceased individuals will be mourning for quite some time.
Contact Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law Today to Schedule Your Free Consultation
Our attorneys at Montlick & Associates know all too well just how devastating the pain and suffering can be, mentally, physically and financially. If you believe someone else may be responsible for causing an accident that resulted in your or a loved one's injuries, you should consider speaking with a Georgia Car Accident and Personal Injury Attorney at our firm as soon as possible. At Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law, our firm has more than 35 years of experience representing the rights of injured individuals from all over Georgia.
If you would like to speak with one of our Georgia Car Accident and Personal Injury Attorneys about your situation, contact Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law today by calling (800) LAW-NEED (529-6333) to schedule your free consultation. You may also visit us online at www.montlick.com to complete a Free Case Evaluation Form, and you may also participate in a 24-hour Live Online Chat.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333
Toll Free: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Hours: Open Today · Open 24 hours
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.