Injured? Dial #WIN or #946 from your cellphone for your free consultation or call 1-800-LAW-NEED.
Call Us 24/7
( 1-800-529-6333 )
Click to Call 24/7

Two Children Crash in a Tragic, Fatal Accident in Orangeburg County, South Carolina

April 16, 2021

Orangeburg County, South Carolina - A news story published on reports that two children drove the car that was involved in a fatal accident in Neeses, South Carolina.*  According to the report, the kids were only ages 9 and 11.  At around 10:30 AM, Orangeburg County Sheriff's deputies talked with the mother of the one girl who survived the accident. 

The mother explained to Orangeburg County Sheriff's deputies that she did not know that the two girls took her car for a ride.  She explained that the girls were inside of her house at 1 AM when the mother went to bed, and her Chevrolet Cruz was parked in the driveway.

The report states that multiple witnesses at the scene stated they saw the two girls switching driving as the girls "sped up and down the dirt portion of the 3000 block of Ninety Six Road." 

Orangeburg County Sheriff's deputies talked with the surviving girl while she was receiving medical care at the Regional Medical Center.  She stated that her friend was driving the car at the time of the accident. 

The fatal accident remains under investigation by the South Carolina Highway Patrol with the help of the Multi-disciplinary Accident Investigation Team.  

Accident News is a safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, please visit We hope you are never in a pedestrian accident, but if you or a family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at


* Disclaimer / Questions / Concerns

Category: Accident News

Please Note:
All information provided by our blogs is general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Consult a Montlick attorney for details about your unique situation.