Injuries Reported after Multiple-Vehicle Accident on Highway 280 in Smiths Station, Alabama
SMITHS STATION, AL – According to an online news report at wtvm.com, a major accident occurred along Alabama Highway 280 in Smiths Station, Alabama leaving several people with injuries*
It is not known as to how many individuals sustained injuries or the nature and extent of those injuries. The identification of the victims has not been released to the public at this time. Numerous ambulances, as well as medical helicopters, were dispatched to the crash site.
Highway 280 was closed to traffic at Lee Road 298 due to the accident.
In Alabama, automobile accidents are on the rise. Here are some relevant facts and statistics on car accidents in Alabama:
- A traffic accident was reported as occurring ever 200 seconds back in 2017.
- A driver who is texting when behind the wheel is 23 times more likely to be involved in an accident.
- Most accidents occur in urban areas.
- Most fatalities occur in rural areas.
- 60% of fatal car accidents involve vehicle occupants who were not wearing their seatbelts.
- In 2017, a person was injured in a traffic accident every eleven minutes.
- The Alabama crash fatality rate for 2016 was higher than the national 2016 crash fatality rate.
- Over half of all deadly car crashes in 2017 happened at night, including dusk and dawn.
- In their lifetime, drivers in Alabama have a greater than one-in-three chance of being in an accident that involves injuries or death.
Accident News is a safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.