One Lane of Traffic Blocked Following Interstate 75 Accident in Macon, Georgia
MACON, GA – According to an online news report at 13wmaz.com, an accident occurred on Interstate 75 close to exit 171, per the Georgia Department of Transportation. The accident involved multiple vehicles and caused one lane to be blocked while emergency personnel and law enforcement worked the scene.*
It does not appear that any of the individuals sustained injuries in the crash. Their identification, as well as ages, have not been made publicly available. There are no further details on the accident at this time. The crash remains under investigation by the local police.
Whether you are in the United States or abroad, injuries and deaths can be prevented in motor vehicle accidents. If you are a bicyclist, passenger, driver or pedestrian, it is critical that you take the following steps to stay safe when on the roadway:
- Always wear a seatbelt, regardless of whether you are in the front or back seat of a vehicle.
- Be sure to properly restrain children in a car seat or booster seat. Make sure that the seatbelt is also appropriate for their weight, height and age and that they are restrained in the back seat of the automobile.
- Always be sure to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle, motorbike, or bicycle.
- Do not operate a vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Also, do not ride with a person who appears to be impaired of who you know has been drinking or using drugs before getting behind the wheel.
- Always drive the speed limit. Speeding is a leading cause of serious accidents both in the United States and across the globe.
- Do not drive while distracted. This means that you should never use a cellphone or text when behind the wheel.
- Always be alert when going across the street, and follow traffic control devices when available.
- Do not ride in vehicles that are overweight or crowded.
Accident News is a safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.