Fatal Accident Occurs on Highway 133 in Morven, Georgia
MORVEN, GA – According to an online news report at walb.com, a deadly accident involving a truck and motorcycle occurred earlier this week, per Brooks County officials.*
The crash occurred between Morven and Valdosta. The 911 call came into dispatchers in the late morning hours. The Georgia State Patrol, as well as the Brooks County Sheriff’s Office, were called to the scene of the crash.
The victims of the accident have not been identified in the news report. There is no information currently available that describes how the accident happened and who perished in the crash. There are no further details on the accident at this time.
There are several ways in which a motorcyclist can stay safe while biking. These are as follows:
- Wear protective gear. This includes wearing long pants as well as clothing made of leather or another type of thick, protective material. It is also recommended that a biker wear boots that cover the ankles, eye protection and gloves.
- Be as visible as possible. Wear vibrant colors and add reflective elements to your bike and clothing. Always use your headlight, regardless of whether it is day or night. Also, ride in the section of a roadway that makes you the most visible to other motorists.
- Wear helmet approved by the Department of Transportation. Make sure that the helmet is light-colored for maximum visibility. Without one, you are two times more likely to sustain a traumatic brain injury from an accident. Also, be sure to replace our motorcycle helmet on a regular basis (every five years) or after you have been involved in an accident.
- Remain alert. Motorists that engage in distractions are a threat to motorcyclists, so always be prepared for drivers who abruptly change lanes and swerve. Also watch for hazardous road conditions such as potholes and slick road conditions that can lead to accidents.
- Do not drink and ride. Over 40% of motorcyclists die in single-vehicle accidents due to crashes involving alcohol.
- Avoid riding in inclement weather. Do not ride during periods of heavy rain, snow, ice and sleet, as this can cause serious and sometimes fatal accidents.
Accident News is a safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes. To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including iridesafe.com - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at Montlick.com.
* This blog is intended to provide the public with news concerning serious automobile accidents and related stories. Although we are receiving this information from news organizations, initial reports may be different from conclusions reached by law enforcement personnel and other organizations, upon further investigation. Therefore, the accuracy of the content is not guaranteed. The information published here is based on information that has already been reported by a news organization, or other sources, and we cannot and do not assume responsibility for its accuracy. The source that we utilized at the time is provided above. If this posting pertains to you or your family and you do not wish for it to be on our website, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to remove it, but when doing so, please include a link to the the article that you wish to be taken down.