Marietta Speeding Driver Accident Lawyers
Speeding Accident in Marietta, Georgia
Speeding is one of the most common traffic violations in Marietta, Georgia, and unfortunately, it is also one of the leading causes of traffic accidents. Speeding accidents can cause serious injuries and even fatalities, which is why it is important for drivers to obey the speed limit and drive safely.
The speed limit in Marietta, Georgia, is generally 35 miles per hour in residential areas and 45 miles per hour on major roads. However, the speed limit can vary depending on the specific road and the time of day. In school zones, the speed limit is typically 25 miles per hour during school hours.
It is important to note that exceeding the speed limit is not only dangerous, but it is also illegal. In Georgia, if you are caught speeding, you can receive a fine and points on your driver's license. If you are caught speeding excessively or if you cause an accident while speeding, you could face more serious consequences, such as a license suspension, higher fines, or even criminal charges.
Steps to Take Immediately After a Speeding Driver Accident
If you are involved in a speeding accident, it is important to take immediate action to ensure your safety and the safety of others. Here are some steps to take:
- Check for Injuries: The first and most important step is to check yourself and others involved in the accident for injuries. If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately.
- Move to a Safe Location: If possible, move your vehicle to a safe location, such as the side of the road or a parking lot, to avoid further accidents.
- Call the Police: Even if the accident seems minor, it is important to call the police and report the accident. The police will create an official report, which can be useful when dealing with insurance companies.
- Exchange Information: Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident. Also, try to get the contact information of any witnesses who saw the accident.
- Document the Scene: Take photos of the accident scene, including the damage to the vehicles and any injuries. This can be useful when dealing with insurance companies and can help determine fault in the accident.
- Contact Your Insurance Company: Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. Provide them with all the necessary information and documentation, and follow their instructions for filing a claim.
Speeding accidents can cause serious injuries and even fatalities. It is important for drivers in Marietta, Georgia, to obey the speed limit and drive safely to prevent accidents. If you are involved in a speeding accident, take immediate action to ensure your safety and the safety of others, and follow the necessary steps to report the accident and file a claim with your insurance company.
Injuries Often Sustained in Speeding Driver Accidents
Speeding accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, ranging from minor cuts and bruises to more serious injuries like broken bones, head trauma, and spinal cord injuries. In severe cases, speeding accidents can even result in fatalities.
Here are some of the most common injuries that can occur in a speeding accident:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a neck injury that occurs when the head is suddenly jerked back and forth. It is a common injury in rear-end collisions, which often occur in speeding accidents.
- Broken Bones: Speeding accidents can cause broken bones, particularly in the arms, legs, and ribs. These injuries can be very painful and may require surgery to heal.
- Head Trauma: Head injuries can occur in speeding accidents when the head is struck by an object or when the brain is shaken inside the skull. Head injuries can range from mild concussions to more serious traumatic brain injuries.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Speeding accidents can also cause spinal cord injuries, which can result in partial or total paralysis. These injuries can be life-changing and may require ongoing medical care and rehabilitation.
Speeding accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, from minor cuts and bruises to more serious injuries like broken bones and spinal cord injuries. If you are involved in a car accident in Marietta, Georgia, it is important to take steps to get your life back on track, including seeking medical treatment, contacting an attorney, staying active, and seeking support from others. With time and the right support, you can recover from your injuries and move forward with your life.
The Types of Compensation an Accident Victim Might Pursue After a Speeding Driver Accident
If you were injured in a speeding accident in Marietta, Georgia, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other damages. Here are the types of compensation accident victims might recover in their accident claim:
Medical expenses can include emergency room visits, hospitalization, surgeries, rehabilitation, and any other medical care required as a result of the accident. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you calculate your current and future medical expenses to ensure that you receive adequate compensation.
Lost Wages and Income
If a victim is unable to work due to the injuries sustained in a car accident, a lost wages claim can may be made. This can include both current and future income, as well as any missed opportunities for promotions or career advancement.
Pain and Suffering
Car accident victims can also pursue damages for pain and suffering, which includes physical and emotional distress resulting from the accident. This can include chronic pain, anxiety, depression, and PTSD.
In some cases, punitive damages may be awarded to a victim. Punitive damages are designed to punish the negligent driver for their actions and deter others from engaging in similar behavior in the future.
An experienced personal injury attorney can help you navigate the complex legal system and fight for the compensation you deserve. They can help you gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and, if necessary, take your case to court.
If you were injured in a speeding accident in Marietta, Georgia, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other damages. To seek compensation and recover from your injuries, you will need to seek medical treatment, contact an attorney, gather evidence, file an insurance claim, negotiate a settlement, and take legal action if necessary. With the right support and guidance, you can recover from your injuries and move forward with your life.
Why Retain a Speeding Driver Accident Attorney in Marietta, Georgia?
If you were injured in a speeding accident in Marietta, Georgia, it is important to retain a capable and skilled attorney who can help you navigate the legal process and fight for your rights. Here are some things to look for when choosing a personal injury attorney:
- Experience: Look for an attorney with experience handling personal injury cases, particularly those involving speeding accidents. An experienced attorney will have a better understanding of the legal issues involved and will be better equipped to negotiate with the insurance company or argue your case in court.
- Specialization: Consider an attorney who specializes in personal injury law. These attorneys have a deeper understanding of the laws and regulations related to personal injury cases and can provide you with better representation.
- Track Record: Look for an attorney with a proven track record of success. Ask for references and read online reviews to get a sense of the attorney's reputation and track record.
- Communication: Choose an attorney who communicates well and keeps you informed throughout the legal process. Your attorney should be accessible and responsive to your questions and concerns.
If you were injured in a speeding accident in Marietta, Georgia, it is important to choose a capable and skilled attorney who can help you fight for your rights and get the compensation you deserve. Look for an attorney with experience, specialization, a proven track record, good communication skills, a fair fee structure, and a good personal connection. With the right attorney on your side, you can focus on your recovery and move forward with your life.
Why Choose Montlick & Associates?
Montlick & Associates is a law firm based in Georgia that specializes in personal injury cases, including car accidents, truck accidents, and other types of accidents. The firm has been in operation for over 35 years and has a team of experienced attorneys who are dedicated to helping clients get the compensation they deserve.
One reason that Montlick & Associates is considered a top-rated accident law firm in Marietta, Georgia, is their track record of success. The firm has helped thousands of clients over the years and has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for their clients.
Another factor that sets Montlick & Associates apart is their commitment to their clients. The firm takes a client-focused approach to their work, and they strive to provide personalized attention and compassionate support to each client. They understand that being involved in an accident can be a traumatic experience, and they work to make the legal process as easy and stress-free as possible for their clients.
Montlick & Associates also has a strong reputation in the legal community. The firm is well-respected by judges, opposing counsel, and other legal professionals, which can be an important factor in achieving a positive outcome in a personal injury case.
In conclusion, Montlick & Associates is a top-rated accident law firm in Marietta, Georgia, with a strong track record of success, a client-focused approach, and a strong reputation in the legal community. If you are in need of a personal injury attorney in Marietta, Georgia, Montlick & Associates may be a good choice to consider.
Why is Montlick & Associates Considered a Top-Rated Georgia Accident Law Firm?
First, with Billions of Dollars recovered, the firm has a long history of proven success in handling personal injury cases, including fatal car accidents.
Second, Montlick & Associates is AV Rated for the Highest Level of Professional Excellence, Ethics, Skills, & Integrity by Martindale Hubbell- The Highest Rating Attainable by the Most Respected & Authoritative Attorney Rating Service.
Third, Montlick has a team of highly skilled personal injury attorneys, and a reputation for providing exceptional client service. We take pride in being accessible to our clients and keeping them informed throughout the legal process.
Finally, Montlick & Associates has received several awards and recognitions for quality legal work, as well as their extensive community service. Among its talented legal team are members of the following elite groups:
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum,
- Top 100 National Trial Lawyers,
- Top 25 Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys,
- Top 25 Brain Injury Trial Lawyers,
- Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyers, and
- Super Lawyers.
To view all of our awards and recognition click here.
Put Montlick & Associates' Decades of Experience to Work in Your Claim!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a speeding accident in Marietta, Georgia, don't wait to get the legal help you need. Call Montlick & Associates today at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) to speak with a skilled and experienced personal injury attorney who can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our team of dedicated attorneys has helped thousands of clients over the years, and we have a proven track record of success in handling personal injury cases. We understand the devastating impact that a speeding accident can have on your life, and we are committed to fighting for your rights and helping you get your life back on track.
Don't let the insurance company take advantage of you. Call Montlick & Associates today and let us fight for you. Our toll-free phone number is available 24/7, so don't hesitate to call us anytime, day or night. We're here to help, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.