Marietta Pedestrian Collision Lawyers
Pedestrian Collisions in Marietta, Georgia.
Pedestrian collisions are a major concern in Marietta, Georgia. Every year, a number of pedestrians are involved in accidents with vehicles, leading to injuries and fatalities.
First and foremost, seek medical attention for anyone who has been injured in the accident. Even if injuries seem minor, it is important to have them evaluated by a medical professional. In addition to providing necessary medical care, this step will also create a record of the injuries sustained in the accident, which may be important in legal proceedings.
After seeking medical attention, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer who specializes in pedestrian accidents. A knowledgeable attorney can help guide you through the legal process, ensuring that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve. Your lawyer can also help you gather evidence to support your case, including police reports, witness statements, and medical records.
In addition to seeking legal representation, it is important to document as much information as possible about the accident. Take pictures of the accident scene, including any damage to the vehicle involved in the collision, as well as any injuries sustained by the pedestrian. Gather contact information from any witnesses to the accident, and make note of any statements made by the driver or other parties involved.
Pedestrian collisions are a serious issue in Marietta, Georgia, and it is important for those affected by these accidents to understand their rights and options. By seeking medical attention, contacting a personal injury lawyer, and documenting as much information as possible about the accident, you can increase your chances of getting justice for your lost loved one.
The Types of Injuries Sustained in Pedestrian Collisions
Pedestrian collisions can result in a wide range of injuries, some of which can be catastrophic or even fatal. The severity of injuries can depend on a variety of factors, including the speed and size of the vehicle involved, as well as the age and physical condition of the pedestrian. Here are some of the most common injuries that can occur in a pedestrian collision:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) - This can occur if the pedestrian's head strikes the ground, the windshield, or any other hard surface during the collision. Symptoms of TBI can range from mild, such as headaches and dizziness, to severe, such as loss of consciousness and cognitive impairment.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - The impact of a collision can cause the spinal cord to be compressed or severed, resulting in paralysis or loss of sensation in various parts of the body.
- Broken Bones - Pedestrians are particularly vulnerable to bone fractures in a collision. Common injuries include fractures to the arms, legs, pelvis, and ribs.
- Internal Injuries - The impact of a collision can cause damage to internal organs, including the liver, spleen, and lungs. Internal injuries can be life-threatening and require immediate medical attention.
The Types of Compensation Car Accident Victims Might Pursue in a Head-on Collision Settlement or Lawsuit
When a person is involved in a hit-and-run accident in Marietta, Georgia, they may be entitled to compensation for their injuries and other losses. The types of damages and compensation that can be claimed in a settlement or injury lawsuit can vary depending on the circumstances of the accident. The following are some of the types of compensation accident victims might pursue in an accident lawsuit.
Loss of consortium - Loss of consortium refers to damages awarded to a spouse of a victim who has been injured or killed in a car accident. These damages are intended to compensate the spouse for the loss of companionship and affection that they have experienced as a result of their partner's injuries.
Medical expenses - Medical expenses are the most common type of damages claimed by victims of head-on collision accidents. These damages include the cost of medical treatment, rehabilitation, medication, and other related expenses.
Lost income - Lost income refers to the income that the victim has lost as a result of their injuries. This can include lost wages, lost benefits, and lost earning potential.
Pain and suffering - Pain and suffering refer to the physical and emotional pain that the victim has experienced as a result of their injuries. These damages are intended to compensate the victim for their pain, suffering, and diminished quality of life.
Wrongful death - In cases where a victim has been killed in a head-on collision accident, their family may be entitled to compensation for their losses, including funeral expenses, loss of support and companionship, and other related damages.
Punitive damages - Punitive damages are damages that are awarded to punish the at-fault driver for their reckless or intentional behavior that caused the accident. These damages are not meant to compensate the victim but rather to send a message to the at-fault driver and deter them and others from engaging in similar behavior in the future.
It is important to note that Georgia operates under a comparative negligence rule. This means that if you are found to be partially at fault for the accident, your compensation may be reduced proportionally. This is why it is important to gather as much evidence as possible to prove that the driver was at fault for the accident.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian collision, it is important to take action as soon as possible. Contact a personal injury attorney to help you navigate the legal process and receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
What Are Punitive Damages?
Punitive damages are a type of damages that can be awarded in a Georgia personal injury case. Unlike compensatory damages, which are intended to compensate the injured party for their losses, punitive damages are intended to punish the at-fault party for their misconduct and deter them and others from engaging in similar conduct in the future.
To be awarded punitive damages in a Georgia personal injury case, the plaintiff must prove by clear and convincing evidence that the defendant's actions were willful, malicious, or showed a wanton disregard for the plaintiff's rights and safety. This means that the defendant must have intentionally engaged in conduct that they knew or should have known could cause harm to the plaintiff.
Why Retain a Pedestrian Collisions Accident Attorney?
Retaining a highly experienced, capable, and skilled pedestrian collision attorney in Marietta, Georgia can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. Here are some qualities to look for to ensure you are working with the best attorney for your case:
- Focus on Personal Injury Law - Choose an attorney who focuses on personal injury law and has experience handling pedestrian collision cases. This ensures that they are familiar with the laws and regulations governing pedestrian accidents and can provide the expertise and guidance you need.
- Experience - Look for an attorney with a proven track record of success in handling pedestrian collision cases. Check their reviews, case results, and testimonials from previous clients.
- Communication Skills - A good attorney should be a good communicator. They should be able to explain complex legal issues in simple terms and keep you updated on the progress of your case.
- Resources - Look for an attorney with the resources necessary to handle your case effectively. This includes having access to investigators, medical experts, and other professionals who can provide expert testimony in court.
- Availability - Your attorney should be accessible and responsive to your needs. They should be available to answer your questions and provide updates on your case.
- Empathy - Look for an attorney who shows empathy for your situation and understands the impact the accident has had on your life. They should be dedicated to helping you obtain the compensation you deserve and getting your life back on track.
- Free Consultation - Many personal injury attorneys offer a free consultation. Take advantage of this to get a sense of their experience, approach, and whether they are the right fit for your case.
By considering these factors, you can make an informed decision when choosing a pedestrian collision attorney in Marietta, Georgia, and ensure you have the best representation possible for your case.
Why Choose Montlick & Associates?
Montlick & Associates is a highly respected personal injury law firm in Marietta, Georgia, with a reputation for providing exceptional legal representation and obtaining favorable outcomes for their clients. The firm has been serving clients throughout Georgia since 1984, and during that time, they have built a strong standing in the community through their commitment to their clients and their results-driven approach to litigation.
Here are some reasons why Montlick & Associates is considered a top-rated accident law firm in Marietta, Georgia:
- Experience - Montlick & Associates has been practicing personal injury law for over 35 years, giving them a wealth of experience and expertise in handling a wide range of accident cases.
- Reputation - The firm has a strong reputation in the community for providing compassionate and effective legal representation to their clients.
- Results - Montlick & Associates has obtained hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for their clients, demonstrating their ability to achieve favorable outcomes in even the most complex cases.
- Resources - The firm has a team of experienced attorneys, as well as access to a network of experts and investigators who can help build a strong case on behalf of their clients.
- Client-focused approach - Montlick & Associates is committed to putting their clients' needs first, and they work closely with each client to understand their unique circumstances and develop a personalized legal strategy.
- Community involvement - The firm is actively involved in the community, supporting a range of charitable organizations and initiatives aimed at improving the lives of those in the Marietta, Georgia area.
Overall, Montlick & Associates' standing in the community of Marietta, Georgia as a top-rated accident law firm is due to their years of experience, strong reputation, proven results, resources, client-focused approach, and community involvement.
Why is Montlick & Associates Considered a Top-Rated Georgia Accident Law Firm?
First, with Billions of Dollars recovered, the firm has a long history of proven success in handling personal injury cases, including fatal car accidents.
Second, Montlick & Associates is AV Rated for the Highest Level of Professional Excellence, Ethics, Skills, & Integrity by Martindale Hubbell- The Highest Rating Attainable by the Most Respected & Authoritative Attorney Rating Service.
Third, Montlick has a team of highly skilled personal injury attorneys, and a reputation for providing exceptional client service. We take pride in being accessible to our clients and keeping them informed throughout the legal process.
Finally, Montlick & Associates has received several awards and recognitions for quality legal work, as well as their extensive community service. Among its talented legal team are members of the following elite groups:
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum,
- Top 100 National Trial Lawyers,
- Top 25 Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys,
- Top 25 Brain Injury Trial Lawyers,
- Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyers, and
- Super Lawyers.
To view all of our awards and recognition click here.
Put Montlick & Associates' Decades of Experience to Work in Your Claim!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian collision in Marietta, Georgia, you are not alone. At Montlick & Associates, we understand the devastating impact that these accidents can have on your life, and we are here to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Our team of experienced attorneys is dedicated to helping victims of pedestrian collisions navigate the legal process and recover from their injuries. We know that the aftermath of an accident can be overwhelming, and we are here to provide the support and guidance you need to get your life back on track.
Call us today at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) to receive your free consultation with one of our compassionate and experienced attorneys. We will listen to your story, answer your questions, and help you understand your legal rights and options. With our help, you can focus on your recovery while we handle the legal details of your case.
At Montlick & Associates, we are committed to fighting for the rights of pedestrian collision victims in Marietta, Georgia. Don't wait to get the help you need - call us today to take the first step towards getting the compensation and justice you deserve.