18-Wheeler Tractor-Trailer Truck Accident Lawyers in Georgia
We Know What It Takes to Win™ Semi-trailer Truck Crashes With Personal Injury or Wrongful Death Claims in GA
For more than 38 years, Montlick & Associates has been fighting intensely for justice on behalf of those who have sustained injuries caused by the carelessness of commercial truck drivers, truck owner-operators, and transport corporations. Our hard-working 18-wheeler truck accident attorneys understand the serious hardships, and immense pain and suffering families endure in situations where a loved one is injured or tragically killed by another’s negligence. Montlick & Associates has the experience, devotion, and resources necessary to aggressively fight on behalf of our clients, to recover the compensation they deserve.
With Billions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients, Our Experience Pays!™*
Our lawyers handle all personal injury and motor vehicle accident cases throughout Georgia and nationwide.** We are committed to providing exceptional service to each and every client. Our attorneys handle each client’s case as if it were our very own. Montlick & Associates has proudly provided personal injury plaintiff legal services since 1984 with an unwavering moral compass; with honesty, with integrity and unquestionable ethics. With billions of dollars recovered for our accident and injury clients, our attorneys know what it takes to win 18-wheeler truck collision cases, and our law firm has a strong track record for results.*
If you or someone you love has been injured or lost a loved one in an any type of semi-tractor trailer truck accident caused by someone else’s negligence, contact Montlick & Associates, Injury Attorneys, today for your free consultation. Contact us Nationwide, 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or by simply dialing #WIN (#946) from your cellphone. You may also visit us at Montlick.com and contact us through our Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat.**
This Practice Area Page at a Glance:
- The Top Four Reasons Why People Select Montlick & Associates
- Why Retaining Experienced Legal Counsel Can Make a Difference in Your Case
- Legal Time Deadlines: Act Now to Preserve Your Right to Recover Maximum Compensation in Georgia
- What is My Georgia 18-Wheeler Accident Case Worth?
- What We Do for Our Georgia Truck Accident Claimants
- Our Promise to You!
- Types of Truck Accident Cases Our Firm Handles Throughout Georgia
- Free Case Review and Consultation to Protect Your Legal Rights
The Top Four Reasons Why People Choose Montlick & Associates:
“The Powerhouse Firm that Puts You First!”™
1. Our attorneys and legal support staff work hard to maximize the monetary value of each of our clients’ cases according to their rights under Georgia Law. Initially following any truck accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may not know the full nature and extent of your injuries, and are likely dealing with costly medical care, lost income and pain and suffering. Trucking insurance companies know this and will frequently try to offer monetary compensation early, before you know the full extent of your injuries or obtain legal advice. In fact, insurance company claims adjusters often pressure claimants to accept fast, “low-ball” offers to settle their truck accident claims. Once your case is settled, it may never be reopened. Montlick & Associates works hard for each and every client in order to recover the maximum monetary compensation to which they are entitled under Georgia Law.*
2. Montlick & Associates is a client-driven personal injury law firm. Since 1984 we have been dedicated to our goal of providing exceptional service to each and every client. Our attorneys and their support staff stay in touch with our clients on a regular basis, and keep them fully informed of all-important case developments.
3. Our law practice is limited to personal injury law. We believe that our attorneys can do the finest job possible by focusing and limiting their practice to one area of personal injury and accident law. We only represent injured people, never insurance companies or corporations.
4. Our Experience Pays!TM Our law firm has been assisting injured people and their families in recovering the monetary compensation their case deserves for over 38 years, and our law firm has recovered billions of dollars for our clients.*
If you have been injured or lost a family member because of the carelessness of a trucker, owner-operator, or a trucking company, simply contact Montlick & Associates for your Free Consultation. Our compassionate team of legal professionals are ready to review what happened and advise you of your legal rights and the crucial steps necessary to protect those rights. At Montlick & Associates, there are no fees unless you win. Contact us Nationwide 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or dial #WIN (946) from your cellphone. You can also visit Montlick.com and use our Free 24-Hour Live Chat or Free Case Evaluation Form.
Why Retaining Experienced Legal Counsel Can Make a Difference in Your Case
Tractor-trailer truck accident victims and their loved ones are usually at a disadvantage after being involved in accidents caused by commercial vehicles, such as tractor trailers. The first few days after an 18-wheeler accident can be overwhelming emotionally, trying and painful. Trucking companies and their insurers know how to capitalize on victims’ trust and their lack of knowledge and experience of the accident claims process. The goal of trucking insurance companies, as for-profit corporations, are to increase revenues and grow profitability by collecting monthly premiums while their accident claims adjusters work hard to delay, deny and minimize claims.
By way of example, insurance accident claims representatives often attempt to record phone calls when speaking to trucking accident victims in an attempt to uncover any information they can later use against them. Some insurance company representatives even take such statements out of context to accomplish this goal. As a result, some trucking accident victims who directly communicate with insurance carriers, or submit to recorded statements with insurance adjusters unwittingly jeopardize the monetary value of their claims. Trucking accident insurance companies do not want you to communicate with or retain an experienced personal injury attorney, as their own insurance industry researchproves that they statistically pay out much larger monetary compensation to accident claimants who retain legal representation than those who do not.
One study conducted by the Insurance Research Council (IRC) demonstrated that:
- 85% of personal injury claim payouts from insurance companies went to personal injury victims represented by legal counsel.
- On average, personal injury victims with lawyers received 300% more financial compensation than those who did not retain legal representation.
For these reasons alone, having experienced legal representation by your side in your Georgia 18-wheeler truck accident case could significantly increase your chances of success and receiving the financial compensation you deserve.
Montlick & Associates knows what is necessary to hold trucking companies and truck drivers accountable by making sure, when pertinent, that vital accident evidence, such as black box data, camera footage, driver logs, and other evidence is protected. Our firm navigates the trucking accident claims process and legal hurdles to protect our clients.
Although many Georgia semi-trailer truck collision cases ultimately settle out of court, when litigation is required, lawyers must have a command of the rules of civil procedure, court rules, evidentiary rules, case law, and applicable Georgia, Federal law. Our legal professionals are experienced and knowledgeable about the nuances of civil trial litigation and how to navigate the complicated legal system.** Our attorneys fight hard on behalf of each client to maximize their financial compensation in accordance with Georgia and federal law, and when appropriate, take such cases through litigation and ultimately to trial to protect our clients’ rights.
If you have been injured or if you lost a loved one in an accident caused by an 18-wheeler truck driver, contact Montlick & Associates for your Free Consultation. Our lawyers will advise you of your legal rights as well as the necessary steps to protect those rights. Contact us Nationwide 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), dial #WIN (946) from your cellphone, or visit Montlick.com and use our Free 24-Hour Live Chat.
Federal & Georgia Laws Governing the Commercial Transport Industry
In many cases, collisions with big rigs are the result of violations of Georgia traffic laws (i.e. running a red light, following too closely, failing to yield while turning left, speeding). In other situations, violations of other laws and regulations, or a combination of them, can establish the basis of liability on behalf of the trucking company, such as laws and regulations relating to:
- Proper training and supervision of drivers
- Drug and alcohol prohibitions, restrictions, and mandatory chemical testing
- Rules regarding driver physical fitness
- Rules governing maximum load capacity and securing of loads
- Hours of service (HOS) rules that limit driving sessions and on-duty non-driving time while imposing mandatory rest periods
- Mandatory inspections and maintenance requirements
- Weight and length limitations for various commercial vehicle configurations
- Requirements for equipping a commercial truck
- Proper training and supervision of drivers
- Necessary record keeping regarding HOS, vehicle inspection/maintenance, etc.
- Standards imposed for pre-hiring employment investigations and screening
As such, 18-wheeler truck accident injury and wrongful death cases often involve complex legal issues of both State and Federal law.
Most commercial truckers serve the important function of transporting goods throughout the United States by operating their motor vehicles safely, while other drivers cut corners or disregard safety regulations with the approval of trucking companies interested in maximizing corporate profits. Because several truck accidents are caused by a disregard for trucking regulations or established trucking industry driving practices and customs, truck accident victims can protect their legal rights by retaining an experienced big-rig accident attorney.
Our Georgia Truck Accident Attorneys understand what is essential to prove the negligence of trucking companies and truck drivers. We take the necessary steps to secure and preserve vital evidence when appropriate, such as tractor trailer’s body damage, “black box data,” and camera footage. In addition to determining all viable theories of liability, our legal team also leaves no stone unturned when investigating other avenues of financial recovery, and many times have discovered additional insurance policies and defendants that our clients weren´t aware of, and that insurance companies did not divulge. When commercial transport companies and their insurers don´t offer fair and reasonable compensation to our clients, we will not hesitate, when appropriate, to file lawsuits and pursue our clients’ cases to trial. Our client is also integral to determining to litigate a particular claim.
Legal Time Deadlines: Act Now to Preserve Your Right to Recover Maximum Compensation
All types of legal claims are subject to “statutes of limitations” or legal time deadlines.
WARNING: Failing to comply with a statute of limitations will permanently bar your right to compensation
The statute of limitations for personal injury cases and wrongful death cases in Georgia is generally 2 years from the date of the truck accident, but there are exceptions that can greatly shorten or even lengthen the deadline! By way of example only, certain types of accident claims against governmental entities in Georgia as well as claims against the Federal Government can have much shorter deadlines. In some cases, a combination of different types of legal claims may exist that involve different time frames, which may be due to multiple defendants and/or even the laws of more than one jurisdiction. Statutes of limitation also vary from state to state. Our experienced semi-truck accident attorneys can examine the facts and circumstances relevant to your case to determine which statutes of limitations (deadlines) apply. We take the required actions to preserve all important legal deadlines on behalf of our clients.
In addition to Georgia´s legal time deadlines, there are several other critical reasons not to delay in seeking legal advice and assistance. Many injured people are surprised to learn that their own insurance policies (or depending on the facts, sometimes those owned by household family members) can contain valuable insurance coverage, such as, by way of example only, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) or Medical Pay (MedPay)/ Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage. It is critical to keep in mind that insurance policies typically have timely notification deadlines, which, if allowed to lapse, can result in a denial of coverage.
There is more! In addition to notice requirements and legal time deadlines, there are other reasons to act without delay. For example, with the passage of time witnesses can become difficult to locate, or they can forget important details. Other times, important evidence can be destroyed or disappear. You should not delay in seeking legal assistance as you have a limited amount of time to pursue your claim.
Put Our Semi Tractor-Trailer Truck Accident Experience to Work for You! Protect Your Valuable Legal Rights Today.
Our Georgia 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers at Montlick & Associates review all applicable avenues of financial recovery and ensure that any relevant contractual and legal notification deadlines are met. Our legal professionals also act to protect critical accident evidence and interview witnesses when appropriate. Do not delay in protecting your legal rights and contact Montlick & Associates today.
Our attorneys are devoted to aggressively pursuing our clients’ cases, whether they live in Georgia or anywhere else in the United States.* Call us Nationwide 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or #WIN (#946) on your mobile phone, for your free consultation. We are also available day and night through our Free Live Chat and through our Free Case Evaluation Form at Montlick.com.
What is My Georgia Truck Accident Injury or Wrongful Death Case Worth?
Georgia truck accident laws customarily allow accident victims to recover monetary damages from those responsible for their injuries or the wrongful death of their loved ones. Our attorneys pursue all types of economic damages to which our clients are entitled under Georgia any other applicable laws.
The following are some examples of the kinds of economic damages that may be available to Georgia plaintiffs:
- Past, present and future medical bills
- Past, present and future lost wages
- Property damage, including damage to motor vehicles and personal property
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive Damages in the event of willful, wanton or reckless conduct
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful Death Damages, including loss of the decedent’s experience, knowledge, judgment, care, companionship and protection, financial services, and future income as well as burial/medical expenses, and mental anguish suffered by the surviving family.
The value of a personal injury claim in Georgia depends on numerous factors, including, by way of example:
- The strength of liability
- The facts and circumstances of the incident,
- The strength of the applicable law and evidence
- The venue or locality where a claim must be brought
- The likeability and credibility that witnesses would have to a jury
- The extent of a plaintiff’s injuries
- The costs of medical treatment - including past and future impact on the quality of life
- The extent of pain and suffering
- Whether the plaintiff is temporarily or permanently disabled
The amount of economic damages a truck accident victim might recover in the State of Georgia is specific to the facts and circumstances of a given case. As such, each individual accident claim is special. Determining the precise dollar amount you and your family might recover from a semi-tractor-trailer truck accident claim is usually not possible at the outset of your case. However, our lawyers are able to advise our clients on a predicted range of possible case value, once all of the essential evidence has been collected, we understand the extent and long-term effects of the injury or injuries, we have reviewed all medical expenses and records, and have evaluated the applicable, Georgia and other relevant law as well as the strength of the evidence.
Our Truck Accident Attorneys fight hard on behalf of each individual client to maximize the monetary value of their claims under Georgia law.
Protect your legal rights today. Call us to understand your legal rights and learn about the steps that need to be taken to protect those valuable rights. Contact us Nationwide 24/7 by calling 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or dial #WIN (#946) from your cell phone, use our online consultation form or use our 24-Hour Live Chat at www.Montlick.com.
What We Do for Our Georgia Truck Accident Claimants
Caring, Dedication, Experience, Results!™
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law, has been representing personal injury victims and their families for over 38 years. With 43 attorneys and 170 staff members, in addition to affiliated law firms, Montlick & Associates has the resources and the manpower to do what is requisite to protect our clients’ legal rights, and provide the personalized care and attention our clients’ cases deserve.**
Our legal services start with a free truck accident case analysis and consultation. Our attorneys will review the facts and circumstances of what occurred and advise you of your legal rights, as well as the necessary steps to protect those legal rights. Once our firm begins representing our clients, our attorneys and legal support staff immediately begin working on their claims, including gathering evidence and collecting records and documentation.
Montlick & Associates- Fighting Hard & Winning Cases™ since 1984.
Our Promise to You
1. Treat your case as if it were our own. We'll treat you the same way we would want to be treated – as if it were our own case, or the case of a close friend or family member.
2. Protect you from powerful insurance companies. One of the first things the insurance adjuster will typically say is that you do not need an attorney. That's because the insurance company's goal is to pay you as little money as possible. And they know that injured people get substantially more money with an attorney representing them. With over 38 years of experience dealing with insurance companies, we can help you navigate through the insurance company minefields and avoid any traps.
3. Analyze your case at no charge to you. We'll evaluate your situation and advise you how to best protect your rights, at no charge to you. We invite you to call us 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays to request a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers. Or use our 24/7 online chat right here on our website.
4. Vigorously fight on your behalf in order to obtain all the compensation and benefits you deserve. There's always a lot at stake after a serious injury, and when our clients rely on us for help, we never take that situation lightly. We work extremely hard, and we will always do the right thing when it comes to our clients.
5. Give your case our personal attention. We tell our clients: "We want you to concentrate on getting well. We want to hear from you if you have any questions or concerns. We work for you, not the other way around."
6. Promptly return phone calls and keep you informed. We are sure you've heard about professionals who do not return phone calls. Or, perhaps you have spoken to people using other law firms who never knew what was going on with their case. That won't happen with us. We keep our clients well informed of important developments and routinely send copies of correspondence regarding their case.
7. Be there for you when you need us most. When our clients first call us after a serious injury, they're understandably really worried. And we say to them, "You don't have to do this alone." We'll take on the insurance company for you and help you get the money you deserve for your medical treatments, lost wages, car repairs and pain and suffering. That's the kind of help we've been giving for over 38years.
8. Always treat you with dignity and respect. Our promise is to operate at all times with honesty, integrity, high moral character and unquestionable ethics. And we'll treat you with kindness and give you and your family the dignity and respect that you deserve.
Types of Traffic Accident Cases Our Firm Handles Throughout Georgia and Nationwide
Our law firm handles claims arising out of ALL types of traffic accidents involving negligence, such as:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents, (all types, including 18-wheeler tractor trailer trucks, big rigs, semis, box trucks, delivery & garbage trucks, pick-up trucks, 15 passenger vans)
- DUI and Drug-impaired Driver Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- SUV Rollovers
- Hit-By-Car Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Train Accidents
Free Case Review and Consultation to Protect Your Legal Rights
Our Georgia 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers fight hard to get our clients the financial compensation they deserve. No matter where you are located, we are just a phone call away. For your Free Consultation contact Montlick & Associates, Nationwide 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or by simply dialing #WIN(#946) from your mobile phone. We also can be contacted at Montlick.com where you can submit a Free Case Evaluation Form 24/7 or utilize our 24-Hour Live Chat.
*Dollars recovered are cumulative and not indicative of individual case results. Each case is unique. Results depend on the facts and applicable law.
**Legal Services are provided by Montlick & Associates, P.C. and local associated law firms at no additional cost to you depending on the jurisdiction, and any specialized expertise required. For more information, click here.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Hours: Open Today · Open 24 hours