Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Serving Florida (FL)
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Fighting for Pedestrians Injured or Tragically Killed by Negligent Motorists in Florida
Our Attorneys Stand Up for Pedestrians to Achieve Justice and Maximum Compensation under Florida Law
We Know What It Takes to Win™ Pedestrian Injury Claims in Florida and Nationwide
For over 37 years, Montlick & Associates has worked hard and fought for justice on behalf of accident injury victims and their families. Unfortunately, pedestrian accidents commonly result in serious injuries. Our attorneys understand the significant hardship that victims and their families endure after suffering an injury because of another´s negligent actions, including costly medical care, lost income, pain and suffering, and more. We know how to navigate the nuances of the claims process to protect our clients’ legal rights. Our lawyers also have the track record to prove that Our Experiences Pays,TM having obtained billions of dollars on behalf of our clients. *
We provide high quality legal representation to clients in all types of motor vehicle collisions, personal injury accidents and wrongful death cases in Florida and Nationwide. Our attorneys return phone calls promptly, and keep our clients informed of all important developments in their cases. We work hard on each of our client’s cases, treating each as if it was our own. Moreover, we are proud to have provided personal injury plaintiff legal services since 1984 with a strong moral compass, integrity, honesty, and unquestionable ethics.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident caused by someone else’s negligence, contact Montlick & Associates, Injury Attorneys, today for your free consultation.** Contact us Nationwide, 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or by simply dialing #WIN (#946) from your cellphone. You may also visit us at Montlick.com and contact us through our Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat.
This Pedestrian Accident Practice Area Page at a Glance:
- Florida Pedestrian Accident Claims
- The Reason Why Pedestrian Accidents Are So Dangerous
- The Top Four Reasons Why People Select Montlick & Associates
- Why Retaining Qualified Legal Counsel Can Make a Difference in Your Case
- Legal Time Deadlines: Act Now to Preserve Your Right to Recover Maximum Compensation in Florida
- Our Promise to You!
- Types of Pedestrian Accident Cases Our Firm Handles Throughout Florida
- Free Case Review and Consultation to Protect Your Legal Rights
Florida Pedestrian Accident Claims
Despite a consistent decrease in traffic injury and fatality statistics in recent decades, the total number of pedestrian fatalities has increased in the past 30 years. In fact, pedestrian collisions have accounted for nearly one in eight traffic accident related deaths over a recent ten-year period. The cause for this is that pedestrians are more susceptible to serious injury than when involved in motor vehicle accidents because of the sheer force of an over 3000-pound motor vehicle (to as much as 80,000 pounds for a loaded tractor trailer) striking a walker, jogger, or bicyclist.
Unfortunately, the vulnerability of pedestrians means that people hit by cars are more likely to experience debilitating injuries. Our pedestrian collision lawyers have extensive legal knowledge and experience regarding the common defense strategies used by insurance carriers. Under Florida Law, drivers must yield the right of way at all intersections and driveways, but pedestrians must act responsibly as well, obeying all pedestrian traffic signals and using sidewalks when available. Florida Code Section §316.130 requires drivers to exercise due care to avoid colliding with any pedestrian or any person propelling a human-powered vehicle and give warning when necessary and exercise proper precaution upon observing any child or any obviously confused or incapacitated person.
Unforunately, in our experience, we have discovered that pedestrians are at a significant disadvantage at accident scenes. Given the often-severe nature of the injuries associated with these types of accidents, pedestrian victims are often taken away by ambulance before having an opportunity to talk to the law enforcement officer. In such cases, their side of the story may not be initially considered. Additionally, police officers, who protect us and document these accidents, often unintentionally treat pedestrians unfairly. For example, an officer may find a pedestrian at fault for not being in a crosswalk, but without investigating whether or not the driver could have prevented the accident.
Our pedestrian injury lawyers serving Florida statewide know how to prove the liability of negligent parties who injure pedestrians and how to pursue the full value of personal injury claims under applicable law. To pursue these goals, based on the facts of the case, we make sure to preserve all important scene evidence and camera footage (if it exists), interview witnesses, and, when appropriate, retain accident reconstruction experts. Our lawyers know the nuances of the claims and legal processes and work to protect our clients’ rights so that they can focus on getting well.
If you or a family member has suffered an injury while navigating Florida streets on foot because a driver was texting, impaired by drugs or alcohol, speeding, or otherwise driving unsafely, speak to one of our attorneys today. We can explain your legal rights as well as what steps are necessary to protect those rights. Contact us at1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or dial #WIN(#946) for your Free Consultation. We also can be reached on the web by submitting a Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat at www.Montlick.com.
The Top Four Reasons Why People Select Montlick & Associates:
“The Powerhouse Firm that Puts You First!”™
1. Our plaintiff´s personal injury attorneys and legal support professionals work relentlessly to maximize the value of each of our clients’ cases according to their rights under Florida Law. Initially following any motorcycle crash caused by someone else’s negligence, you may not know the full nature and extent of your injuries and damages. Insurance companies welcome this and will often try to offer monetary compensation prematurely, before you know the severity of your injuries or consulted with an attorney. Once your pedestrian accident case is settled, your case may not be reopened, even if you find out later that your personal injuries are more serious than you initially realized and you are legally entitled to other types of monetary compensation. Montlick & Associates works hard for each and every client in order to collect the maximum monetary compensation to which they are entitled under Florida Law, as well as Federal Law and the law of any other state that may be applicable. *
2. Montlick & Associates is a client-driven personal injury firm. Since 1984 we have been dedicated to our goal of providing exceptional service to each and every client. Our attorneys and their support staff stay in touch with our clients on a regular basis, and keep them fully informed of all-important case developments.
3. Our law firm´s practice is limited to personal injury law. We believe that our lawyers can do the finest job possible by focusing and limiting their practice to one area of personal injury and accident law. We only represent injured people, never insurance companies or corporations.
4. Our Experience Pays!TM Our law firm has been assisting injured people and their families in recovering the monetary compensation their case deserves for over 37 years, and our law firm has recovered billions of dollars for our clients.*
If you or a member of your family has been injured, harmed, or tragically killed by the negligence of another driver, simply contact Montlick & Associates for your Free Consultation. Our compassionate team of legal professionals are ready to explain your legal rights and advise you about the crucial steps necessary to protect those valuable rights. At Montlick & Associates, there are no fees or costs unless you win. Contact us at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333),or dial #WIN (#946)for your Free Consultation. We also can be reached on the web by submitting a Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat at www.Montlick.com.
Why Retaining Qualified Legal Counsel Can Make a Difference in Your Case
Pedestrian accident victims and their loved one are usually at a disadvantage after involved in an accident caused by a negligent driver. The initial few days following a pedestrian crash can be painful and emotionally overwhelming. Insurance carriers understand how to take advantage of victims’ lack of knowledge, experience of the claims process, and their trust. The ultimate goal of insurance companies, as for-profit corporations, are to increase revenues and grow profitability by taking in monthly premiums while their claims adjusters work hard to delay and minimize claims.
Insurance companies are not on your side, regardless of how politely their claims representatives treat you. In some situations, insurance claims representatives will attempt to record phone calls when speaking with pedestrian accident victims or their families in an attempt to extract information they can later use against the claimants. They often use those recorded statements out of context in order to achieve these goals. As a result, some personal injury victims who directly correspond with insurance companies, or submit to recorded statements to the insurance company adjusters without a lawyer present unwittingly jeopardize the value of their pedestrian accident claims. Therefore, accident insurance companies don´t want you to discuss your case with an experienced personal injury lawyer, because their own industry research proves that insurance companies statistically pay out much more monetary compensation to injury claimants who retain an attorney than those who do not.
One study conducted by the Insurance Research Council (IRC) revealed that:
- 85% of personal injury claim payouts from insurance companies went to personal injury victims represented by legal counsel.
- On average, personal injury victims with lawyers received 300% more financial compensation than those who did not retain legal representation.
For these reasons alone, having aggressive and experienced legal representation by your side in your Florida pedestrian accident case can significantly increase your prospects of success and obtaining the monetary compensation you or your loved one´s case deserves.
Montlick & Associates understands what is necessary to hold negligent drivers accountable by ensuring, when appropriate, that crucial pedestrian accident evidence, such as police reports, witness testimony, camera footage, and other evidence, is protected. We navigate the pedestrian accident claims process so that our clients can focus on healing and families of those tragically killed in a pedestrian collision can focus on rebuilding their lives.
While many pedestrian accident cases settle out of court, when litigation is necessary, plaintiff attorneys must have a mastery of the rules of civil procedure, evidentiary rules, court rules, case law, and applicable Florida, Federal and any other states’ statutes and case law that could apply. Our lawyers are knowledgeable about the nuances of the claims process and how to navigate the complex civil court system. Our legal professionals fight hard on behalf of each and every client to maximize their financial recovery in accordance with Florida law, and when appropriate, take such cases through litigation and ultimately to trial to protect our clients’ rights.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a hit-by-car accident caused by negligent driver, contact Montlick & Associates for your Free Consultation. Our attorneys will advise you of your legal rights as well as the necessary steps to protect those rights. Contact us Nationwide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), dial #WIN (#946) from your cellphone. You may also visit us at Montlick.com and contact us through our Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat.
Why You Must Act Quickly to Secure Your Legal Rights – Strict Deadlines for Pursuing a Claim
Florida Code Section §95.11, requires that a personal injury claim be filed or resolved within four years from the date of the incident, but this deadline is subject to exceptions that can lengthen or shorten the deadline, so it is best to consult with an attorney without delay! By way of example only, claims against governmental entities or municipalities involve shorter deadlines. Additionally, the laws of other states that have different and shorter deadlines may apply.
WARNING: Failure to meet any critical deadline will permanently bar your right to pursue a monetary recovery.
Statutes of limitation also vary from state to state. In some cases, a combination of different types of legal claims may exist that involve different time frames, which may be due to multiple defendants and/or even the laws of more than one jurisdiction.
In addition to legal deadlines, there are other reasons not to delay. For example, in auto accident cases, families are often surprised to learn that their own household auto insurance policies may contain valuable coverage, such as by uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance. However, these policies commonly contain contractual notification provisions which, if lapsed, can result in denial of valuable coverage.
Delays in pursuing a personal injury claim also can result in loss of important evidence. Witnesses' memories tend to become less accurate as time passes, and other types of evidence might become more expensive to acquire or may otherwise disappear entirely. Our Florida Pedestrian Accident Attorneys can evaluate your situation and alert you regarding all deadlines and other procedural requirements to pursue your claim. Our attorneys protect our clients’ cases from all important legal and contractual deadlines, and work to make sure all important evidence is preserved when appropriate.
Assessing the Value of Your Pedestrian Injury Claim
Every case turns on its own unique facts, and we seek ALL types of damages that our clients are entitled to by law, which can include:
- Past, present and future medical expenses
- Past, present and future lost income
- Decreased earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages, when the defendant acted intentionally or was grossly negligent
- Wrongful death and survival damages, including the loss of support and services, companionship and protection, burial expenses, and more.
An assessment of case value is a critical stage to any pedestrian accident case, but the value of a claim usually cannot be initially determined. Since each individual claim has a unique set of facts and circumstances, the amount of monetary compensation each client receives depends on multiple factors, such as, for example, where the accident occurred, the fact and circumstances of what happened, the strength of liability, the likeability and credibility of the witnesses to a jury, and others. Additionally, the amount of the injured person’s medical expenses, the nature and extent of the injury, whether the victim is temporarily or permanently disabled as a result of the injury, the impact on the victim’s quality of life, and the extent of pain and suffering are also important to determining a case’s value. Once all evidence is assembled, we can normally provide a predicted range of case value.
Montlick & Associates - Fighting Hard & Winning Cases™ since 1984
- Our Promise to You
1. Treat your case as if it were our own. We'll treat you the same way we would want to be treated – as if it were our own case, or the case of a close friend or family member.
2. Protect you from powerful insurance companies. One of the first things the insurance adjuster will typically say is that you do not need an attorney. That's because the insurance company's goal is to pay you as little money as possible. And they know that injured people get substantially more money with an attorney representing them. With over 36 years of experience dealing with insurance companies, we can help you navigate through the insurance company minefields and avoid any traps.
3. Analyze your case at no charge to you. We'll evaluate your situation and advise you how to best protect your rights, at no charge to you. We invite you to call us 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays to request a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers. Or use our 24/7 online chat right here on our website.
4. Vigorously fight on your behalf in order to obtain all the compensation and benefits you deserve. There's always a lot at stake after a serious injury, and when our clients rely on us for help, we never take that situation lightly. We work extremely hard, and we will always do the right thing when it comes to our clients.
5. Give your case our personal attention. We tell our clients: "We want you to concentrate on getting well. We want to hear from you if you have any questions or concerns. We work for you, not the other way around."
6. Promptly return phone calls and keep you informed. We are sure you've heard about professionals who do not return phone calls. Or, perhaps you have spoken to people using other law firms who never knew what was going on with their case. That won't happen with us. We keep our clients well informed of important developments and routinely send copies of correspondence regarding their case.
7. Be there for you when you need us most. When our clients first call us after a serious injury, they're understandably really worried. And we say to them, "You don't have to do this alone." We'll take on the insurance company for you and help you get the money you deserve for your medical treatments, lost wages, car repairs and pain and suffering. That's the kind of help we've been giving for over 36 years.
8. Always treat you with dignity and respect. Our promise is to operate at all times with honesty, integrity, high moral character and unquestionable ethics. And we'll treat you with kindness and give you and your family the dignity and respect that you deserve.
Types of Traffic Accident Cases Our Firm Handles Throughout Florida and Nationwide
Our law firm handles claims arising out of ALL types of traffic accidents involving negligence, such as:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents, (all types, including 18-wheeler tractor trailer trucks, big rigs, semis, box trucks, delivery & garbage trucks, pick-up trucks, 15 passenger vans)
- DUI and Drug-impaired Driver Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- SUV Rollovers
- Hit-By-Car Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Speak to an Attorney to Pursue Justice and Compensation for Your Injuries
Were you or a family member hit by a car because of a negligent driver? Our caring lawyers represent injured pedestrians throughout Florida. Our law firm has established a reputation for passionately fighting for the rights of our clients and working tirelessly to maximize the value of our clients’ cases by law. We offer injured pedestrians a Free Consultation, so call 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333),or dial #WIN (#946) from your cell phone. We also can be reached on the web by submitting a Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat at www.Montlick.com.
*Dollars recovered are cumulative and not indicative of individual case results. Each case is unique. Results depend on the facts and applicable law.
**Legal Services are provided by Montlick & Associates, P.C. and local associated law firms at no additional cost to you depending on the jurisdiction, and any specialized expertise required. For more information, click here.