Augusta Drugged Driving Victim Accident Lawyers
Drugged Driving Victim Accidents in Augusta, Georgia
Driving under the influence of drugs is a serious problem in the United States, and it can have devastating consequences for victims of accidents. Augusta, Georgia, is no exception to this trend. According to the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety, in 2020, 205 people were killed in crashes involving impaired drivers in the state, and many more were injured. It is essential to know what to do if you or a loved one becomes a victim of a drugged driving accident in Augusta.
What to Do After an Accident
- Seek medical attention - If you or a loved one is involved in a drugged driving accident, the first step is to seek medical attention immediately. Even if there are no visible injuries, it is crucial to get a thorough medical evaluation. The adrenaline rush from the accident may mask the pain of underlying injuries, so it is vital to get checked out.
- Report the accident to the police - It is important to report the accident to the police, especially if there are serious injuries or property damage. The police will take an accident report, which is an essential document that will help you later on when dealing with insurance companies and legal proceedings.
- Gather information - If you or a loved one is involved in a drugged driving accident, it is important to gather as much information as possible. Get the name, phone number, and insurance information of the other driver involved in the accident. If there are witnesses, get their names and phone numbers as well. Take photos of the accident scene and any damage to your vehicle.
- Contact an attorney - If you or a loved one is a victim of a drugged driving accident, it is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible. A qualified attorney can help you understand your legal rights and advise you on the best course of action. They can also help you deal with insurance companies, medical bills, and other legal issues.
- Take care of yourself or your loved one - After a drugged driving accident, it is essential to take care of yourself or your loved one. This may mean seeking ongoing medical treatment, physical therapy, or counseling. It is also important to take time to rest and recover from the trauma of the accident.
Drugged driving accidents are a serious problem in Augusta, Georgia, and they can have life-altering consequences for victims. If you or a loved one becomes a victim of a drugged driving accident, it is essential to seek medical attention, report the accident to the police, gather information, contact an attorney, and take care of yourself or your loved one. With the right support and guidance, you can navigate the aftermath of a drugged driving accident and get the help you need to move forward.
Common Injuries Sustained in a Drugged Driving Victim Accident in Augusta, Georgia
Drugged driving accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, some of which can be severe and life-altering. In Augusta, Georgia, victims of drugged driving accidents may require a range of medical treatments depending on the severity and type of injury. Below are some common injuries that can occur in drugged driving accidents and the types of treatments that victims may receive in Augusta.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) - Traumatic brain injury can occur when the victim's head strikes an object, such as the steering wheel or dashboard, during the accident. TBI can range from mild to severe and can result in memory loss, difficulty with speech or motor functions, and even coma. Treatment for TBI can include medication, surgery, rehabilitation, and physical therapy.
- Spinal cord injury - Spinal cord injuries can occur when the victim's back is impacted during the accident. These injuries can result in permanent paralysis and can require long-term medical care. Treatment for spinal cord injury can include medication, surgery, and rehabilitation.
- Fractured bones - Broken bones are a common injury in drugged driving accidents. Victims may suffer fractures to the arms, legs, hips, or other bones. Treatment for broken bones may include casting, surgery, and physical therapy.
- Internal injuries - Internal injuries, such as internal bleeding or damage to organs, can occur in drugged driving accidents. These injuries can be life-threatening and require immediate medical attention. Treatment for internal injuries may include surgery and medication.
- Psychological injuries - Victims of drugged driving accidents may also suffer from psychological injuries such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, or depression. Treatment for these injuries may include therapy, counseling, and medication.
In Augusta, victims of drugged driving accidents can expect to receive prompt medical attention and a range of treatments to address their injuries. The type of treatment received will depend on the severity and type of injury. Treatment may include emergency medical care, hospitalization, surgery, rehabilitation, physical therapy, and ongoing medical care. Victims may also be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering, which can be pursued through legal channels with the assistance of an attorney.
Forms of Compensation Accident Victims Seek in Drugged Driving Victim Accident Settlements and Lawsuits
If you are a victim of a drugged driving accident in Augusta, Georgia, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, including lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other damages. Pursuing a settlement or lawsuit can be a complex process, but with the right guidance, you can increase your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve.
It is important to note that Georgia has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits, meaning that you must file your lawsuit within two years of the date of the accident. Failure to file within this time frame can result in the loss of your right to pursue compensation.
In terms of compensation, damages that may be available in a drugged driving accident case can include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Punitive damages
Pursuing a settlement or lawsuit after a drugged driving accident in Augusta, Georgia can be a complex process, but with the help of an experienced personal injury attorney, you can increase your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve.
Why Hire an Augusta Drugged Driving Victim Accident Attorney?
If you are a victim of a drugged driving accident in Augusta, Georgia, it is essential to hire a qualified and experienced attorney to help you get justice. Here are some of the benefits of retaining a personal injury attorney to represent you in a drugged driving accident case:
- Legal knowledge and experience: An experienced personal injury attorney will have a thorough understanding of the laws and legal procedures related to drugged driving accidents in Augusta, Georgia. They can guide you through the legal process, explain your rights, and help you make informed decisions.
- Advocacy: A personal injury attorney will act as your advocate and fight for your rights. They will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
- Evidence gathering: A personal injury attorney will gather evidence related to the accident, including medical records, witness statements, and police reports. They will use this evidence to build a strong case in your favor.
- Experience in settlement negotiations: A personal injury attorney has the expertise to negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf. They will work to ensure that the settlement covers all of your damages, including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Trial representation: If a settlement cannot be reached, a personal injury attorney will represent you in court. They will use their knowledge and experience to present your case to a judge and jury and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Hiring a qualified and experienced personal injury attorney to represent you in a drugged driving accident case in Augusta, Georgia can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. Your attorney will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve and can help you get justice and move on from the accident.
Why Choose Montlick & Associates?
Montlick & Associates is a top-rated accident law firm that has been serving clients in Georgia and throughout the Southeast for over 35 years. The firm has earned a strong reputation for its commitment to excellence, expertise, and dedication to helping accident victims recover compensation for their injuries.
Here are some of the factors that have contributed to Montlick & Associates' reputation as a top-rated accident law firm:
- Experience: Montlick & Associates has been handling personal injury cases for over 35 years. The firm's attorneys have the knowledge, experience, and expertise to handle a wide range of accident cases, including drugged driving accidents.
- Personalized service: Montlick & Associates takes a client-centered approach to legal representation. They understand that every case is unique, and they work closely with clients to provide personalized legal services tailored to their individual needs.
- Results: Montlick & Associates has a proven track record of success in helping accident victims recover compensation for their injuries. The firm has recovered billions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for their clients over the years.
- Awards and recognition: Montlick & Associates has received numerous awards and recognition for its legal services, including being named as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers and being recognized as "Super Lawyers" by Thompson Reuters.
- Community involvement: Montlick & Associates is committed to giving back to the community. The firm supports a wide range of charitable organizations and initiatives that help to make Georgia a better place to live and work.
Montlick & Associates has a well-deserved reputation as a top-rated accident law firm in Georgia. Their commitment to excellence, personalized service, track record of success, awards and recognition, and community involvement all contribute to their strong reputation as a leader in the field of personal injury law.
Why is Montlick & Associates Considered a Top-Rated Georgia Accident Law Firm?
First, with Billions of Dollars recovered, the firm has a long history of proven success in handling personal injury cases, including fatal car accidents.
Second, Montlick & Associates is AV Rated for the Highest Level of Professional Excellence, Ethics, Skills, & Integrity by Martindale Hubbell- The Highest Rating Attainable by the Most Respected & Authoritative Attorney Rating Service.
Third, Montlick has a team of highly skilled personal injury attorneys, and a reputation for providing exceptional client service. We take pride in being accessible to our clients and keeping them informed throughout the legal process.
Finally, Montlick & Associates has received several awards and recognitions for quality legal work, as well as their extensive community service. Among its talented legal team are members of the following elite groups:
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum,
- Top 100 National Trial Lawyers,
- Top 25 Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys,
- Top 25 Brain Injury Trial Lawyers,
- Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyers, and
- Super Lawyers.
To view all of our awards and recognition click here.
Put Montlick & Associates' Decades of Experience to Work in Your Claim!
If you are a victim of a drugged driving accident in Augusta, Georgia, you deserve justice and fair compensation for your injuries. Montlick & Associates is a top-rated accident law firm that can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our experienced personal injury attorneys have been representing accident victims for decades and have recovered billions of dollars in negotiated settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Call us today at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) to schedule a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable attorneys. We can help you understand your legal rights, answer your questions, and provide you with the guidance and support you need to pursue a settlement or lawsuit.
Don't wait - time is running out to file your claim. Georgia has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits, so it is important to act quickly to protect your rights. Call Montlick & Associates today to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you get the compensation you deserve.