Atlanta Left-Turn Accident Lawyer
Left-turn accidents are a common occurrence on the roads of Atlanta, Georgia. These types of accidents are particularly dangerous because they often involve a vehicle crossing the path of oncoming traffic, which can result in serious injuries and even fatalities. In this article, we will take a closer look at left-turn accidents in Atlanta, including why they happen, how to prevent them, and what to do if you are involved in one.
Why Left-Turn Accidents Happen in Atlanta
Left-turn accidents happen for a variety of reasons, but some of the most common causes include:
- Failing to Yield: When making a left turn, drivers are required to yield to oncoming traffic. Unfortunately, many drivers fail to do so, which can lead to a collision.
- Misjudging Speed: Another common cause of left-turn accidents is misjudging the speed of oncoming traffic. This can be particularly dangerous on high-speed roads, where even a small miscalculation can have serious consequences.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is a major problem on the roads of Atlanta, and it can be a contributing factor in left-turn accidents. When drivers are not paying attention to the road, they are more likely to make mistakes and cause collisions.
- Impaired Driving: Impaired drivers are also more likely to cause left-turn accidents. Whether it is due to alcohol, drugs, or fatigue, impaired drivers have slower reaction times and are more likely to make errors in judgment.
- Poor Visibility: Left-turn accidents can also happen when visibility is poor, such as when there is heavy rain, fog, or glare from the sun. In these conditions, it can be difficult to see oncoming traffic, which can make it harder to judge when it is safe to make a turn.
Preventing Left-Turn Accidents in Atlanta
Left-turn accidents can be prevented by taking a few simple steps, including:
- Obey Traffic Signals: One of the easiest ways to prevent left-turn accidents is to obey traffic signals. When making a left turn, always wait for the green arrow or for a break in oncoming traffic before proceeding.
- Stay Alert: Another important step in preventing left-turn accidents is to stay alert while driving. Avoid distractions, such as using your phone or eating while driving, and always be aware of your surroundings.
- Check Your Mirrors: Before making a left turn, always check your mirrors to make sure there are no vehicles behind you. This can help you avoid collisions with vehicles that may be traveling in your blind spot.
- Signal Your Intentions: When making a left turn, always use your turn signal to signal your intentions to other drivers. This can help prevent confusion and reduce the likelihood of a collision.
- Slow Down: Finally, when making a left turn, be sure to slow down and take your time. This can help you avoid misjudging the speed of oncoming traffic and can give you more time to react if something goes wrong.
What to Do if You are Involved in a Left-Turn Accident in Atlanta
If you are involved in a left-turn accident in Atlanta, there are a few important steps you should take:
- Call for Help: The first thing you should do after a left-turn accident is to call for help. Contact the police and emergency services, if necessary, and seek medical attention for anyone who is injured.
- Document the Scene: While you are waiting for help to arrive, be sure to document the scene as much as possible. Take pictures of the vehicles involved, any damage or injuries, and the surrounding area. This information may be useful later on if you need to file a claim with your insurance company or take legal action.
- Exchange Information: Be sure to exchange information with the other driver, including their name, contact information, insurance information, and license plate number. This will be important for filing a claim with your insurance company or seeking compensation for any damages or injuries.
- Report the Accident: You should also report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. They will likely want to know the details of the accident and will need to file a claim on your behalf.
- Seek Legal Help: If you were injured in the accident, it may be a good idea to seek legal help. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected.
Left-turn accidents are a serious problem on the roads of Atlanta, but they can be prevented by taking simple steps such as obeying traffic signals, staying alert, and checking your mirrors. If you are involved in a left-turn accident, it is important to remain calm and take the appropriate steps, such as calling for help, documenting the scene, exchanging information, and reporting the accident to your insurance company. With the right precautions and a little bit of care, we can all do our part to prevent left-turn accidents and make the roads of Atlanta safer for everyone.
Put Montlick's Decades of Legal Experience to Work in Your Case!
Since 1984, Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law, has recovered billions of dollars in financial compensation for our clients. Our national personal injury attorneys have the reputation, knowledge, and experience, necessary to provide the exceptional legal service that you deserve.
Montlick & Associates is ready to review your or your loved one's left-turn accident case at no cost or obligation. Call us 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) to speak with one of our experienced Georgia Car Accident Lawyers. No matter where you are located, our qualified personal injury lawyers are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Hours: Open Today · Open 24 hours
Plus Code: RMH6+38 Atlanta, Georgia, USA